PDA

View Full Version : Auto-log-out on an idle screen problem [SPLIT]

Stapes
02-07-2010, 02:20 PM
It's just fucking did it again too, what's the default wait here, 5 mins? I c+ped this time because I'm not retarded wouldn't get burned twice in an hour...still frustrating though.

The obvious solution would be to click the fucking cookie box but I've gotten out of the habit of saving passes to my comp for work related reasons (boring but there's a ton of passes for things both intra-firm and dealing with the courts and clients...it's logistically impossible to save them all to cookie folder just because I'll need the pass away from my comp in certain instances or whatever so in order to remember them all, I got in the habit of typing it in every time because I figured it's be the quickest way to commit them to memory). Also I'm not the only one who uses my macbook in my place, so no reason to save at all.

These seem like somewhat legit reasons to me. Scots is it possible to look into this to lengthen it or do away with the boot. I'm sure it's probably a default in the code that may or may not be easy to change but I hope if it's easy you'll look into it (it happened once or two before over the years, it's fucking terribly unsatisfying to lose your IP like that, even if it's just msg board posts).

Thanks

PCC
02-07-2010, 05:20 PM
I've had problems with this as well.

GT
02-07-2010, 07:58 PM
Used to do it to me. Set your browser to not remember cookies after a session. Then you can pick remember me all you want and it should work OK.

Scotsman
02-07-2010, 10:56 PM
It looks like it's set for 15 minutes. I changed that along time ago, but during an upgrade it must've reverted back. I've changed it to something a lot longer so hopefully no more problems. If there is LMK

Boner
02-07-2010, 11:06 PM
NPP SUCCESS

Stapes
02-07-2010, 11:09 PM
It looks like it's set for 15 minutes. I changed that along time ago, but during an upgrade it must've reverted back. I've changed it to something a lot longer so hopefully no more problems. If there is LMK

Should I post in the NFC division thread like I did with this one? Or just contact this LMK fellow directly? IM JOKING KENDER DONT SPELL IT OUT AGAIN PLZ

Also (and please correct me if I'm wrong as I'm just inferring from unrelated posts) Dealer Dan is you poker company or alias or whatever. Whatever it is, it's way smoother than Scotsman, which while classic isn't classic for it's name quality. You should pull a Puffy and officially change your shit unless you're trying not keep it separate from the site for some reason (which is unlikely or ill executed because it's your video game handle in your sig). Scotsman is brings back memories of wrestling scoops from yesteryear while Dealer Dan sparkles with svelte class inherent in the online felt. So I think I'll call you that or perhaps Dirty Double D if we get chummy and you fly me in ala TTG.

svelte felt what a wordsmith i am. my posts are like fine china meets rembrandt

Scotsman
02-07-2010, 11:22 PM
"Dealer Dan Gaming" is the name of my internet marketing company that just happens to primarily focus on gambling, yeah. And I generally use the "Dealer Dan" name in the gambling affiliate world.

Not trying to keep it separate or anything - I dunno I've just always preferred Scotsman. Dealer Dan sounds a bit poofy to me. Like I have no problem with people calling me Scotsman in real life(and most people do), but I do cringe when at gambling conferences and I hear "YO DEALER DAN!". Maybe I will do an NPP WORLD AMERICAN TOUR and visit a bunch of US posters this year, and I'll hook up with you and you can call me it all night long till I Mikey you.

My dad calls me "Dealer Dan" too :(

NippleAppleCrap
02-08-2010, 04:12 AM
okay hes back change his name back

Hun
02-08-2010, 06:26 AM
Couldn't bring myself to use the name Scotsman, to be fair.

internet

Taff
02-08-2010, 07:57 AM
i found scotsman much less poofy than graeme so called him that

Scotsman
02-08-2010, 09:53 AM
"Taff" as "Taff" was easy.

I alternated between "Hun" and Huns real name. I never called him Hun while sober in case it sounded like I was calling him honey. Drunk I didn't give a fuck.

Taff
02-08-2010, 10:05 AM
everyone calls me taff tho so its no bother, its a genuine real life nickname ive had since 2000ish. Only people at work or from home know me as Chris, even Rach calls me taffy.

Met some cunts from Something awful and one of them was all high and mighty, saying he cant call me taff as he's not sad enough to use internet names in real life, I told him to fuck off, he was meeting people on the internet so he was sad enough allready

Hun
02-08-2010, 10:06 AM
Considering I be a man of Scottish origin, calling him Scotsman would be fucking retarded.

Taff
02-08-2010, 10:09 AM
Did you call him graaaeeemmmeeee

Hun
02-08-2010, 10:12 AM
Something like that.

Scotsman
02-08-2010, 10:13 AM
He called me "Sir".

shanon
02-08-2010, 10:16 AM
Was he as formal after getting into your pants?

Scotsman
02-08-2010, 10:22 AM
Oh you know what - reason for the amount of "hits" is probably because I changed the logout time thing, so people who were logged in like 15 hrs ago still appear to be logged in.

Mousehole
02-08-2010, 10:24 AM
everyone calls me taff tho so its no bother, its a genuine real life nickname ive had since 2000ish. Only people at work or from home know me as Chris, even Rach calls me taffy.

Met some cunts from Something awful and one of them was all high and mighty, saying he cant call me taff as he's not sad enough to use internet names in real life, I told him to fuck off, he was meeting people on the internet so he was sad enough allready

You met people from SomethingAwful?

Mousehole is a rl nickname, so no probs there.

GT
02-08-2010, 10:25 AM
What are its origins?

Mousehole
02-08-2010, 10:31 AM
My last name is Mascord and a strange friend who holidays near the small fishing village somehow connected the two.

His other nickname was biggus largus so I think I got off lightly.

Taff
02-08-2010, 11:03 AM
You met people from SomethingAwful?

Yeah american dude who is in uni in Barca was in country, along with a irish gay dude who i play a lot of xbox with and a dude who lives in manc who was a bit of a daft cunt

Were quite nice chaps, dont really understand peoples hang ups with meeting "internet" people

Mousehole
02-08-2010, 11:09 AM
They might turn out like you.

Taff
02-08-2010, 11:25 AM
im a lovely chap

i even bought scots breakfast in the morning ;)

Stapes
02-08-2010, 12:13 PM
My name's John and will answer to that and some buddies call me Stapes. I wear many hats.

GT
02-08-2010, 12:18 PM
I've given out so many fake names over the years I'll answer to pretty much anything.

Mousehole
02-08-2010, 12:31 PM
Well if you're talking fake names then it's Mike Hawthorne.

GT
02-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Whatever works.

Osiris
02-09-2010, 02:33 PM
Fascinating thread this.

NippleAppleCrap
02-09-2010, 02:33 PM
When's his name going back to NACjr?

Mousehole
02-09-2010, 02:34 PM
He didn't vote mate, no name changes for he.

NippleAppleCrap
02-09-2010, 02:42 PM
Scats said he would change it back when he knew stapes was back.

Mousehole
02-09-2010, 03:10 PM
There's your answer

Scotsman
02-09-2010, 04:26 PM
I changed it back. Then I bought the Stapes username for NACjr. So I changed it to Stapes. Happy now?

Osiris
02-09-2010, 04:27 PM
Not really.

Mousehole
02-09-2010, 04:29 PM
I changed it back. Then I bought the Stapes username for NACjr. So I changed it to Stapes. Happy now?

I'm always happy

NippleAppleCrap
02-09-2010, 04:43 PM

dick

Stapes
02-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Hey man, I tipped my cap to the idea. It is very insulting to be associated with you, especially someone like me. It was clever in that way, no doubt.

What more do you want? If it's to look like a big vagina who doesn't know when to go lay down...then please, nag him to change it for a fourth time.