PDA

View Full Version : Best Picture Survivor! - Round 17

Skooch
03-07-2008, 10:12 AM
Gone With the Wind (1939) is finally uh... gone. With the wind.

This leaves the Fantastic Five of Best Picture Oscar Award Winners. While some of the voting leaves the whole end result appearing to be a foregone :credloss:, I still think it's been an interesting extended trip.

PCC
03-07-2008, 03:32 PM
YouTube - Randy Orton Entrance

Kendergardener
03-07-2008, 04:30 PM
So I realize I'm pretty late in the game, but I just watched One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. It was an excellent film, and after watching it I can see how it made it this far.

Also, I think all the years of watching The Simpsons have made me hard to surprise with classic movies. Homer's whole experience where he meets Jacko in the nut house. Barney smothering Homer and breaking through the window before Homer's Triple Bypass. The chief and the boat trip in the episode where Bart works at the old folks' home. They just lift so much from this stuff.

Skooch
03-07-2008, 07:57 PM
Have you seen Citizen Kane yet? There are so many little Kane moments littered throughout numerous episodes that they could probably make a Simpsonized version of Kane now.

Kendergardener
03-07-2008, 08:26 PM
Yes, yes I have, and yes, yes there are. Although I did not especially enjoy Citizen Kane, but I recognize its influence. In fact, I came up with an "effect" based on it.