PDA

View Full Version : North American Mod Changes

PCC
06-30-2008, 09:02 PM
I believe we need to have a honest discussion of the current mod situation. The ROTWeilers seem to be doing a decent enough job without complains, so leave Taff, Tucho, and robelgordo in charge. But the North American mod situation has gotten ridiculous.

Right now, the mods are as follows -

Ormie - Enough has been said about his incompetence.
Vern - Gives warnings out if you insult him.
Boner - I distinctly remember him giving up his mod powers.

Frankly, I believe we should have a discussion about switching things up. There's been simply too many complaints recently. I'd like to see more unbiased posters assume mod responsibilities.

Skooch, Kender, Manboobs, Joey, and maybe NAC are people I believe should be considered for various reasons.

One such situation was shanon's threatening me by saying he possessed my home address and would be sending me a package. Bluff or not, this is the type of things the mods should be concerned with. Yet nothing was done.

Yet if you post Raw spoilers and edit them a minute later, such as I did, you get an official warning from NPP.

What do you think - keep the current regime or switch things up?

Osiris
06-30-2008, 09:03 PM
Shut the fuck up bitch. People were mean to me again! This isn't fair! My vagina is full of rock salt! Drug references make me look cool! I was defeated by a slice of bread!

manbooba
06-30-2008, 09:05 PM
Boner gave up the entertainment modship, not the VG&C. Fuck it, just make everyone a mod.

Vernitis
06-30-2008, 09:06 PM
Those warning are totally serious too. NAZI MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PCC
06-30-2008, 09:08 PM
Boner gave up the entertainment modship, not the VG&C. Fuck it, just make everyone a mod.

Still, I can't remember the last time Boner positively moderated a thread or anything like that. He pulled a WT.

Skooch
06-30-2008, 09:08 PM
I think change is good, though I would not really be interested in being a mod. I can just imagine what a pain in the ass a demodded Ormie would be. I already feel like a glorified babysitter at work, I don't need to come home and deal with petulant antics and not get paid for it. Although if I were a mod, I would certainly hold myself accountable if I were to break any of the NPP rules and not try to weasel out of taking responsibility for my actions. As a mod I believe you should hold yourself to a higher standard than just a regular poster, but that's just my two cents Canadian.

Ormie
06-30-2008, 09:09 PM
Yes, Hamass gets a meaningless warning and all of a sudden the back-breaking straw has been put on the camel. As I told him via PM it's mainly to prevent PC Load Lettering so other mods know you've been told of something. If we just do it via PM then the other mods/Scotsman don't know about it.

If you're upset about the Shanon-thing, know that we did discuss it in the mod forum but Scotsman has to handle things like that. So do you think we need an ADMIN CHANGE?

Mousehole
06-30-2008, 09:09 PM
I believe we need to have a honest discussion of the current mod situation. The ROTWeilers seem to be doing a decent enough job without complains, so leave Taff, Tucho, and robelgordo in charge.

Good idea.

Oh and me. I'd be a fucking awesome moderator

Ormie
06-30-2008, 09:12 PM
I like how Scootch says he'd be Mister Rule Follower.

Trolling: Just don't go through every thread that someone posts in, trolling them in all those threads, derailing all of them etc.

Yup, he's never done that to me, no siree.

Skooch
06-30-2008, 09:14 PM
I don't go into every thread, you just louse up the ones I tend to read often.

Ormie
06-30-2008, 09:16 PM
Although if I were a holier-than-thou trolling loser acting like anyone gave a fuck if I lived or died, I would certainly hold myself accountable if I were to break any of the NPP rules and not try to weasel out of taking responsibility for my actions, by saying something like "I don't go into every thread, you just louse up the ones I tend to read often." when it's pointed out I troll someone all the time. As a holier-than-thou trolling loser acting like anyone gave a fuck if I lived or died I believe you should hold yourself to a higher standard than just a regular poster, but that's just my two cents Canadian.

PCC
06-30-2008, 09:17 PM
It doesn't matter. Skooch is a guy with a Dexter avatar. You're a moderator. As one, you need to be held to higher standards than the Guapos, Juices_Worlds, Lucas', and Hamass' of the world.

Boner
06-30-2008, 09:17 PM
Hammy just doesn't like me in general and decided to throw me in this for the hell of it.

PCC
06-30-2008, 09:18 PM
Yes, because Skooch, Manboobs, and NAC are the founding members of the Hamass Fan Club.

Skooch
06-30-2008, 09:20 PM
Why is responding equated to trolling? It's like a whiner's way of brushing off an argument. "OMG STOP TROLLING ME ON THE INTERNETS".

Tell you what Ormie: you stop making ridiculous fucking comments and speaking for other people and I will never ever have a reason to point out anything you ever post on NPP.

Ormie
06-30-2008, 09:21 PM
It's not responding when you just post some lame insult, faggot.

SEE WHUT I DID THURR?

Mousehole
06-30-2008, 09:22 PM
Can we have a Skooch Vs Ormie megathread.

Easier to miss it

Ormie
06-30-2008, 09:23 PM
Might as well just add a script to move every Skootch post to a "Skootch Trolls Ormie Megathread". Then you just put that one thread on ignore and voila!

Skooch
I really shouldn't have to go into details about how stupid you make yourself sound. I trust everyone to see that for themselves.

manbooba
It doesn't matter. Skooch is a guy with a Dexter avatar. You're a moderator. As one, you need to be held to higher standards than the Guapos, Juices_Worlds, Lucas', and Hamass' of the world.

the role of emo vinny will now be played by snauso

PCC
06-30-2008, 09:24 PM
Sweet! I'm eventually getting a Jewish girlfriend!

manbooba
06-30-2008, 09:25 PM

Easier to miss it

Look at this guy

Skooch
06-30-2008, 09:26 PM
Might as well just add a script to move every Skootch post to a "Skootch Trolls Ormie Megathread". Then you just put that one thread on ignore and voila!

It goes both ways, idiot. Months would go by when I would not mention you at all and I took notice of every little shit dig you took at me and didn't say boo in return. Every once in awhile though, I just feel the need to point out how ridiculous you are.

juices_world
06-30-2008, 09:58 PM
I'll do it!

Easier to miss it

lulz

Lucas
06-30-2008, 10:03 PM
No harm in switching things up. I'd like to see this happen.

Guapo77
06-30-2008, 11:36 PM
awesome, its our quarterly "the mods suck" dramabomb thread, where bitching will ensue and nothing actually changes.

See you in the Fall for the next one!

anarchyutd
06-30-2008, 11:42 PM
I think this thread pretty much illustrates Ormberg's uselessness.

I'd be up for a mod switch, or at least seeing a few new eople made mods.

So then, in 6 months, when nothing changes, someone else will suggest switching the mods and we can refer to this thread.

juices_world
06-30-2008, 11:43 PM
awesome, its our quarterly "the mods suck" dramabomb thread, where bitching will ensue and nothing actually changes.

See you in the Fall for the next one!

Not if I see you first!

Vernitis
06-30-2008, 11:44 PM
+2 Chris Chambers points

anarchyutd
06-30-2008, 11:48 PM
Hopefully Juice's now gets stabbed in the throat and dies almost instantly.

edsin
06-30-2008, 11:49 PM
I want Chris Chambers points!

Speaking of Chris Chambers, he's a nice dude. I worked at Blockbuster when he was a rookie and he came in to rent Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. After hearing (from me) how funny it was, he asked about the prequels and wound up renting Clerks and Dogma along with it.

Also, early in his career his vert was 4 feet.

juices_world
06-30-2008, 11:49 PM
Hopefully Juice's now gets stabbed in the throat and dies almost instantly.

May toe

anarchyutd
06-30-2008, 11:53 PM
Not only is that not English, that doesn't even make sense.

Also, my one of my old bosses at WWE was named Chris Chambers. He looked like a slightly fatter version of Opie from O&A.

Vernitis
06-30-2008, 11:59 PM
Fuck that vern guy seriously

edsin
07-01-2008, 12:10 AM
More Chris Chambers facts:

-400 m dash state champ in high school
-played guard as a frosh on the Badger's basketball team
-high school and college teammate of Bills reciever Lee Evans

juices_world
07-01-2008, 12:13 AM
More Chris Chambers facts:

-400 m dash state champ in high school
-played guard as a frosh on the Badger's basketball team
-high school and college teammate of Bills reciever Lee Evans

We get it, it wasn't clever. You're moving into Snausage territory with your lameness.

dawinr
07-01-2008, 01:07 AM
Give it up Hamarse. There have been many threads trying to get rid of Ormberg and it will never happen unless he quits.

PCC
07-01-2008, 01:08 AM
Just vote in the poll, buddy.

Taff
07-01-2008, 02:39 AM
I think change is good, though I would not really be interested in being a mod. I can just imagine what a pain in the ass a demodded Ormie would be. I already feel like a glorified babysitter at work, I don't need to come home and deal with petulant antics and not get paid for it. Although if I were a mod, I would certainly hold myself accountable if I were to break any of the NPP rules and not try to weasel out of taking responsibility for my actions. As a mod I believe you should hold yourself to a higher standard than just a regular poster, but that's just my two cents Canadian.

LOL

THIS GUY

robelgordo
07-01-2008, 02:56 AM
It was an excellent mod election campaign speech.

VOTE: Skooch

Taff
07-01-2008, 02:58 AM
What can we mke him mod of tho? Have we got an old rusty forum that no one uses anymore that he can have?

Shaolin
07-01-2008, 03:02 AM
For fuck sake lads. Whats with all the SERIOUS INTERNET BUSINESS lately? Niggaz need to chill out yo.

Mousehole
07-01-2008, 03:34 AM
You don't understand. Bad moderating ruins lives.

Think of all the pain and suffering caused by a thread not being sent to AIDS or split in the right place.

It's about time we raised awareness.

Taff
07-01-2008, 05:23 AM
Wait, in a thread about needing new mods Cheekbone didnt complain about me!

Im making steps!

Also the amount of threads being made to complain about Ormie is boring. Bring back threads complaining about benders scouse nazi rule.

Mousehole
07-01-2008, 05:26 AM
We should have one guy elected as the "Peoples Mod"

I would vote Guapo for this

Taff
07-01-2008, 05:28 AM
The Modinator says "FUCK YOU"

Shaolin
07-01-2008, 05:30 AM
I remember back in my lurking days Osiris got demodded and someone else handed in their 'MOD BADGE' saying my work here is done. That was some of the gayest shit I'd ever read. Or it never happened.

Sir John Fashanu
07-01-2008, 05:31 AM
I like how I get praised as a good mod. I literally don't do anything. Ormberg and vern are hated for doing things.

Mousehole
07-01-2008, 05:32 AM
The Modinator says "FUCK YOU"

you're part of the establishment now

Taff
07-01-2008, 05:33 AM
Seriously Tucho does nothing even when we ask him to :(

I remember back in my lurking days Osiris got demodded and someone else handed in their 'MOD BADGE' saying my work here is done. That was some of the gayest shit I'd ever read. Or it never happened.

THAT WAS BENDER. Wasnt it when Osiris left or something tho, not when he was demodded.

Bender was the cowboy who drove the bad injun Osiris out of town

Shaolin
07-01-2008, 05:34 AM
lolwhatafag. He's now on the PPA Posters Poster of The Week blacklist.

robelgordo
07-01-2008, 06:00 AM
It might have been tongue-in-cheek squire.

Tucho comes from the bender school of modding, which involves doing almost nothing and getting praised for it.

Hun
07-01-2008, 07:45 AM
I'm all for Mikey being made a mod.

Osiris
07-01-2008, 08:03 AM

Tucho comes from the bender school of modding, which involves doing almost nothing and getting praised for it.

Ah. I did something and didn't realize just how ridiculable it was at the time. So I was retroactively kidding. That old chestnut.

Guapo77
07-01-2008, 08:11 AM
WHAT WE NEED TO DO IS HAVE MOD SURVIVOR

HAVE THEM POST PICTURES OF THEM TOPLESS AND WE WILL VOTE ON WHO SHOULD BE A MOD OR NOT

Osiris
07-01-2008, 08:21 AM
Taff has the biggest rack.

Taff
07-01-2008, 08:22 AM
Bigger than Verns?

Osiris
07-01-2008, 08:27 AM
Undoubtedly.

juices_world
07-01-2008, 11:33 AM

Ah. I did something and didn't realize just how ridiculable it was at the time. So I was retroactively kidding. That old chestnut.

Words out of my mouth.

Osiris
07-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Set up.

Kendergardener
07-01-2008, 02:05 PM
Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges.

Osiris
07-01-2008, 02:09 PM
3 points.

Kendergardener
07-01-2008, 02:15 PM
Woohoo!

shanon
07-01-2008, 02:16 PM
my curiousity is peaked

what is this shanon thing you speak of ormbore?

Stapes
07-01-2008, 02:17 PM
How bout this Osiris/Kender lovefest that's been going on? Get a room you two!

robelgordo
07-02-2008, 07:43 AM
Oh yeah. I totally would have said the sheriff has done his job or whatever in all seriousness. Juice wasn't even there at the time, but he knows!

Osiris
07-02-2008, 09:41 AM
Defensive!

juices_world
07-02-2008, 01:24 PM
Oh yeah. I totally would have said the sheriff has done his job or whatever in all seriousness. Juice wasn't even there at the time, but he knows!

What are you on about?

Mr. X
07-02-2008, 03:49 PM
We should bring back AngryRob and make him a mod

Hun
07-02-2008, 04:22 PM
Whoever is entertainment mod needs to be removed, as the Raw stuff was spoilered, yet nothing has happened to the ECW stuff, which doesn't broadcast here until Thursday. I have reported the offending posts and expect a swift resolution to this problem. Now sky Sports have lost a viewer of ECW because I know that someone wins a match. I AM OUTRAGED!!!!

Boner
07-02-2008, 04:23 PM
Taff and Ormie have power there.

Hun
07-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Also, Ormborg and Vern's vote really shouldn't count in this vote. It's not like they're going to be all like, "HAY REMOVE MY POWER AND SHIT!!!!"

Are they? Well, Vern might. But he's a big angry giant that doesn't actually make sense a lot of the time. I think the anger might be due to a hernia. Get it seen to, tough guy!

Stapes
07-02-2008, 04:24 PM
spoilers lol

Hun
07-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Taff and Ormie have power there.

I am aware of that, but I thought I'd take my outrage to the people, instead of reporting all the posts that spoiler ECW.

Boner
07-02-2008, 04:26 PM
Well you said "whoever" so just say Taff and Ormie next time.

And if Vern and Ormie's No votes don't count then neither does my Yes.

Hun
07-02-2008, 04:29 PM
spoilers lol

Do you not understand how important it is for us all not to find out who wins matches on wrestling shows? You, sir, are out of touch.

Hun
07-02-2008, 04:30 PM
And if Vern and Ormie's No votes don't count then neither does my Yes.

Agreed.

Mousehole
07-02-2008, 04:37 PM
Whoever is entertainment mod needs to be removed, as the Raw stuff was spoilered, yet nothing has happened to the ECW stuff, which doesn't broadcast here until Thursday. I have reported the offending posts and expect a swift resolution to this problem. Now sky Sports have lost a viewer of ECW because I know that someone wins a match. I AM OUTRAGED!!!!

I'm sure next time Scots sees Taff he'll paddle his bare backside for you.

I am coming round to the idea of switching mods. Would freshen things up a bit.

Taff
07-02-2008, 04:43 PM
Its just me for entertainment really, I think Ormie just has too many powers and shows up on everything.

And Im not spliting or spoilerig that. I thought the initial complaints from Ormie and Vern were dumb and they wouldnt have happened on my watch.

Now Im gonna mosey on down to have a beer with cowboy bender.

Mousehole
07-02-2008, 04:45 PM
I think Ormie just has too many powers and shows up on everything.

Controversial

Lucas
07-02-2008, 06:07 PM
Also, Ormborg and Vern's vote really shouldn't count in this vote. It's not like they're going to be all like, "HAY REMOVE MY POWER AND SHIT!!!!"

Are they? Well, Vern might. But he's a big angry giant that doesn't actually make sense a lot of the time. I think the anger might be due to a hernia. Get it seen to, tough guy!

I agree 100%.

slaptastic78
07-02-2008, 06:11 PM
BRING BACK TTG

Skooch
07-02-2008, 06:55 PM
Bring back is bolded.

dawinr
07-02-2008, 09:29 PM
I faggott about TTG!

:heart:

robelgordo
07-03-2008, 05:55 AM

What are you on about?

And here Juice reveals he just agrees with Osiris without understanding what's going on.

juices_world
07-03-2008, 01:50 PM

What are you on about?

And here Juice reveals he just agrees with Osiris without understanding what's going on.

Cereal, what are you referring to?

robelgordo
07-04-2008, 03:38 AM

Words out of my mouth.

This you idiot.

juices_world
07-04-2008, 04:28 AM
I knew what was going on. You were trying to back peddle by claiming that you were just kidding all along. It's Ormbergian, and something quite LIFE SMARKIAN, and frankly, you're better than that.

Next time quote the post you are referring to so as to make it easier for me to straighten you out. And also, don't troll me as you always end up bald.

Sir John Fashanu
07-04-2008, 05:20 AM
I knew what was going on. You were trying to back peddle by claiming that you were just kidding all along.

He's never needed to back peddle as most people usually realise a mod saying "my job here is done" after an incident is having a laugh you fuckwit.

re-ignore

Hun
07-04-2008, 06:19 AM
Please stop quoting his posts, I do like to live up to my strange, strange user title.

robelgordo
07-04-2008, 07:46 AM
I knew what was going on. You were trying to back peddle by claiming that you were just kidding all along. It's Ormbergian, and something quite LIFE SMARKIAN, and frankly, you're better than that.

Next time quote the post you are referring to so as to make it easier for me to straighten you out. And also, don't troll me as you always end up bald.

1. It wasn't backpeddling, see Tucho's post.
2. If you couldn't follow what I was saying... well, frankly I thought you were better than mentally retarded.
3. Wasn't a troll and I'll never be as bald as you. Nor look like a creepy kiddie-fiddler.

Shaolin
07-04-2008, 07:50 AM
The bald thing was strange. It would be like manbooba mocking Hole for being fat.

Taff
07-04-2008, 08:27 AM
As soon as I drive cheekbone and Hole out then my work here will be done

Shaolin
07-04-2008, 08:28 AM
I have protection. And my last infraction ran out, its time for another.

manbooba
07-04-2008, 08:30 AM
The bald thing was strange. It would be like manbooba mocking Hole for being fat.

Well he is, I mean look at him.

Sir John Fashanu
07-04-2008, 09:28 AM

cheekbone is my boy, IF HE GOES I GO

Lucas
07-04-2008, 10:48 AM
If Tucho goes I ... feel pretty apathetic.

Taff
07-04-2008, 11:24 AM

cheekbone is my boy, IF HE GOES I GO

Thats what Im hoping

Mousehole
07-04-2008, 01:46 PM
This has taken an odd turn

juices_world
07-04-2008, 05:26 PM
I agree. Bender's sliding into Mikey territory.

robelgordo
07-04-2008, 06:57 PM
You have that effect on people.

juices_world
07-05-2008, 04:26 AM
Who are you talking to? I'm not going to go back a page to see.

juices_world's tips for good posting: Quote the post you are referring to.

robelgordo
07-05-2008, 09:14 AM
juices_world's tips for good posting:

DOES NOT COMPUTE

tron
07-05-2008, 10:01 AM
Alright fine...

I'll do it.

Ormie
07-05-2008, 06:00 PM
Finally you read our signs.

Shaolin
07-05-2008, 06:01 PM
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

:goodshow::goodshow::goodshow::goodshow::goodshow:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

:superfantastic::superfantastic::superfantastic::superfantastic::superfantastic:

:simonmacgoeswhoo::simonmacgoeswhoo::simonmacgoeswhoo::simonmacgoeswhoo::simonmacgoeswhoo:

shanon
07-05-2008, 07:15 PM
who cares? All mods are are flame targets designed to stop flaming.

i know if i had a flame thrower, i'd attempt to burn as many fire extinguishers as i could before lighting the neighborhood on fire.

Lucas
07-05-2008, 07:25 PM
Your kill number would skyrocket!!

edsin
07-05-2008, 07:34 PM
Shanon, are you really Nico Bellic? That'd be awesome.

shanon
07-05-2008, 07:42 PM
I'm American, sadly. If you're talking genetically i'm predominantly scottish and french having grandparents whom immigrated here in the early 1900's... so no, it'd be impossible to be nicco bellic.

edsin
07-05-2008, 08:37 PM
Too bad; I like to think of Nico as a distant cousin thanks to my Eastern-Euro mutt heritage (on my dad's side, anyway).

shanon
07-05-2008, 08:57 PM
you'll always be the wind beneath my wings.

edsin
07-05-2008, 09:32 PM
That's crazy; did you ever know that you're my hero?

Mousehole
07-06-2008, 01:53 AM
i'm predominantly scottish and french having grandparents whom immigrated here in the early 1900's

The worst of both worlds. Your poor poor man.

juices_world
07-14-2008, 12:18 AM
How did all this sort out?

edsin
07-14-2008, 12:23 AM
9 beat 14. Crowds went apathetic.

Ormie
07-14-2008, 01:09 AM
Hamass decided he didn't care what you FAGITS think.

Lucas
07-15-2008, 03:53 PM
:badshow:

slaptastic78
07-22-2008, 12:21 AM
HMMMM

Osiris
07-22-2008, 11:21 AM
Good news guys. Scots just pmed me and asked me to replace vern.

Mousehole
07-22-2008, 11:32 AM
With a cardboard cutout?

edsin
07-22-2008, 11:33 AM
Good news guys. Scots just pmed me and asked me to replace vern.

How do we know that you're not trying to deceive us? You could be an other...

EDIT: Oh, is this the wrong thread for that?

Scotsman
07-22-2008, 11:37 AM
Yes Vern has been replaced - Osiris is now the NPP Virgin.

Osiris
07-22-2008, 11:39 AM
Olive Oil!

edsin
07-23-2008, 05:50 PM
I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.

juices_world
07-24-2008, 03:20 AM
Horrible.

edsin
07-24-2008, 09:00 AM
:laugh::simonmacgoeswhoo::superfantastic::victor::wobuffet: