PDA

View Full Version : Mikeys Retirement

slaptastic78
07-29-2009, 10:19 AM
Brings up some good questions. Are the boards too pro-ROTW in that we have too many ROTW mods and things always go our way? What can we do to change this, if this is as big a problem as Mikey and Vern say. I know ROTW have the biggest voices on here but I would love to have Vern back here posting.

Mousehole
07-29-2009, 10:24 AM
no, no, no, nothing and I wouldn't.

That covers everything I think

slaptastic78
07-29-2009, 10:27 AM
You would say that, because you are part of the supposed problem.

slaptastic78
07-29-2009, 10:27 AM
Shaft, whats your opinion?

Shaft
07-29-2009, 10:35 AM
I don't really have a problem with the ROTW contingent so my opinion probably isn't worth very much but I don't understand why anyone would "quit" or "retire" or whatever word we happen to be using this week because of the ROTW people, especially those who have been coming here for as long as Mikey or Vern (I assume this is why he quit although he hasn't confirmed or denied). This is a weird fucking place sometimes.

What things "always" go the ROTW's way anyway? I'm obviously missing something.

Since I'm here I may as well ask: where the fuck has Guapo been?

Stapes
07-29-2009, 10:43 AM
There is an awful lot of ROTW posting about ROTW irrelevancy. Not passing judgement, simple declaration of fact.

Site (forums) seems to be slowly losing steam but that could just be my observations.

Stapes
07-29-2009, 10:43 AM
Solution? Taff and Hole should post more, preferably about their lives and their opinions about literally everything.

Taff
07-29-2009, 10:46 AM
Only one thing for it make Shaft mod.

Some people believe that things go ROTWs way because of things like me getting made a mod. Things like that tho, it just seemed a bit stupid. I was made mod and split banter quite effectively. Since then I wouldnt really say theres a lot of going off topic for large periods of time like there was before. I dont really understand Mikey leaving today, for anyone who missed out I merged Mikeys and Osiris threads that were about the same girl and Mikey took it as an outrage and left.

Things like this always happen on message boards anyway. People post and become "top dogs" then after a while new people start posting more and more and then suddenly theres new people as top posters. In a couple of years it'll probably be the ROTW posse complaining about the new canadians who post here.

If Vern has a problem with us I dont know about it, he's messaged me a couple of times since he left and never mentioned it. Guapos been reading the forums but not posting, who knows.

Shaft
07-29-2009, 10:50 AM
If Vern has a problem with us I dont know about it, he's messaged me a couple of times since he left and never mentioned it. Guapos been reading the forums but not posting, who knows.

I just assumed that's why Vern quit since that's what has been claimed by a few people (Mikey in particular) and I just noticed that Guapo was online right after I posted. :pulledaboner:

Also,

Only one thing for it make Shaft mod.

whut

Boner
07-29-2009, 10:57 AM
Mikey goes on and on about ROTW getting special treatment, but really nothing has happened in the past few months. Their off topic stuff is split, and most of their bullshit is in their own threads. Things that are reported on, that make sense, get acted on. Mikey chooses to ignore reporting which gives him an excuse to complain. He creates his own problem and makes up things that don't happen.

I didn't get the "ROTW posts 80% of the time and Scots doesn't care because he's stupid and pathetic" line. What is Scots supposed to do about people posting? Aren't we supposed to want people to post? What sense does this make?

Taff
07-29-2009, 11:02 AM
Lets make you a mod. Apparently theres too many ROTW mods.

Bender - been a serious mod forever probs not seriously seen as ROTW. seriously deals with general like a sheriff. Quite serious
Me - been a mod for a bit, clearly favour ROTW
Tucho - doesnt like american sports threads so is biased against them

vs

Ormie - Canadian, no one likes him doesnt really count
Boner - ROTW sympathiser, if this was a war he'd be done for treason

Its a bit ridiculous to be honest. Take sports, Holes F1 thread gets trolled by lots of people, mainly because F1 isnt a sport. 1 off topic post is made in the nascar thread and Mikey got upset and started moaning about it, despite the fact that neither of the sports mods were on to split it at the time and would have done so as soon as they saw (Boner split it as soon as he realised).

Boner
07-29-2009, 11:05 AM
I love how I'm a ROTW sympathizer according to Mikey just because I don't instantly hate everything they do.

Kendergardener
07-29-2009, 11:10 AM
I don't think it's anyone's fault particularly, but I do think the board has shifted to something a bit more ROTW-centric as of late.

NippleAppleCrap
07-29-2009, 11:10 AM
Am I the only one that pretty much likes everybody except for Hamass?

Boner
07-29-2009, 11:12 AM
I don't think it's anyone's fault particularly, but I do think the board has shifted to something a bit more ROTW-centric as of late.

That's because our regular American posters besides me and Osiris just aren't posting. Don't know if it's just a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Shaolin
07-29-2009, 11:21 AM
This is why I don't post here anymore etc.

slaptastic78
07-29-2009, 11:25 AM
All the rest of the USAmericans stopped posting to support their fallen brother juices_world.

Boner
07-29-2009, 11:25 AM
All of these problems can be solved with more Stixx.

Taff
07-29-2009, 11:27 AM

That's because our regular American posters besides me and Osiris just aren't posting. Don't know if it's just a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Yep thats the thing. Its going to be more ROTW like if the Americans stop posting. A lot of the major americans left over the last few years, remember it was a few years back that the boards were all Mikey, Tron, Osiris, Shanon and Sammich. Tron got married and got a job which didnt allow him much net time, Shanon got in a car crash and Sammic Died.

slaptastic78
07-29-2009, 11:28 AM
Stixx won't post no more until juice is brought back.

FACT

Kendergardener
07-29-2009, 11:30 AM
Well I also think to a certain extent it's less a self-fulfilling prophecy and more a vicious cycle: Some USAmericans are annoyed at the amount of ROTW posting which discourages them from posting which results in an even greater % of posts being from ROTW which in turn further discourages USA posters from posting and so forth and so on.

The ignore thread option helps a lot.

slaptastic78
07-29-2009, 11:32 AM
So does a hundred Simpson's quotes.

Oh wait...

Kendergardener
07-29-2009, 11:37 AM
But I thought you loved them.

Stapes
Someone cross post my post from the mikey thread, I woulda posted it here had I seen this.

Boner
Well I also think to a certain extent it's less a self-fulfilling prophecy and more a vicious cycle: Some USAmericans are annoyed at the amount of ROTW posting which discourages them from posting which results in an even greater % of posts being from ROTW which in turn further discourages USA posters from posting and so forth and so on.

But the only way your gonna get non-ROTW posters posting is if they post. Sitting there stewing and raging about it and not making any conversation yourself isn't going to fix a damn thing. Don't look to everyone else to solve the problems you're having.

slaptastic78
07-29-2009, 11:39 AM

But the only way your gonna get non-ROTW posters posting is if they post. Sitting there stewing and raging about it and not making any conversation yourself isn't going to fix a damn thing. Don't look to everyone else to solve the problems you're having.

Yeah it's not like they are gonna get banned for having an opinion that is contrary to the ROTW posters.

*cough*juice*cough*

Kendergardener
07-29-2009, 11:39 AM
And you're right about how to change it, I'm just trying to explain the shift.

Lucas
07-29-2009, 12:01 PM
The 100 simpsons quote was awful. It didn't add anything. It's worse than Hun and Cheekbone going back and forth about some celebrity we never heard of.

Juices being banned is bullshit; he didn't break any rules. He should have never been banned.

Mikey leaving ... what's new? Weren't we expecting this? It always happens. He'll be back in a few weeks/months.

Boner
07-29-2009, 12:02 PM
You don't understand. He's NEVER coming back.

Shaolin
07-29-2009, 12:04 PM
To be fair hes been close to meltdown for a few months now.

Shaft
07-29-2009, 12:05 PM
Am I the only one that pretty much likes everybody except for Hamass?

No, I'm totally with you. I don't really dislike Hamass that much either but that's mostly because I enjoy seeing him lose bets to you and Bones.

Boner
07-29-2009, 12:05 PM
Someone cross post my post from the mikey thread, I woulda posted it here had I seen this.

They're in here now. Now you can quit over it!

Sir John Fashanu
07-29-2009, 12:42 PM
leave the memories alone

LacquDown
07-29-2009, 01:24 PM
The 100 simpsons quote was awful.

What is it with this board and the hatred of anything creative, clever and overall not insular and mediocre?

Even if Kender's 100 posts were awful (which they certainly weren't), it's still a drop in the pan compared to the hundreds of inane and pointless posts by Osiris, Hole, Taff, etc...

Lucas
07-29-2009, 01:27 PM
What's creative or clever about it? Who cares about simpsons quote? If I wanted to read 100 simpsons quotes, I'd go to IMDB. Why litter threads with that? I don't give a rat's ass about the simpsons, why would I want to read the quotes?

Something WAY more clever and creative is what Boner's doing with the south park list - THAT makes me want to watch the episodes. Kender's shit just made me put his ass on ignore.

Kendergardener
07-29-2009, 01:54 PM
I don't like it so it's terrible.

Oh, and we did the top 25 Simpsons episodes already. Maybe bender and I will redo the list and dedicate it to you.

On the plus side, putting me on ignore rather than bitching about it constantly was the right way to go about it.

coolhandluke
07-29-2009, 02:30 PM
Who cares if Mikey left? He's a decent poster but this exit screams of attention seeking behavior. Shockingly, we will carry on without him. I really don't think ill of anyone around here so this drama is always so puzzling to me. And entertaining.

Sir John Fashanu
07-29-2009, 02:39 PM
I propose 1 post, per person, per day. Use it wisely.

buckdiddy
07-29-2009, 02:48 PM
I don't care about this. Lets move on.

coolhandluke
07-29-2009, 03:16 PM
If Buckdiddy decides to move on, I'm quitting the boards.

buckdiddy
07-29-2009, 03:19 PM
I've moved on folks. Set your computers on fire and lets go to the store and grab a drink.

coolhandluke
07-29-2009, 03:39 PM
That's it! I can't take this anymore! I am so over Buckydiddy moving on! See you later, LOSERS!

coolhandluke
You will never see me again.

coolhandluke
Seriously.

coolhandluke
07-29-2009, 03:40 PM
OK. I'm back. What did I miss? Is Buckdiddy still pulling the same crap?

buckdiddy
07-29-2009, 03:52 PM
No he's not.

coolhandluke
07-29-2009, 03:55 PM
:superfantastic:

Mousehole
07-29-2009, 03:59 PM
I really don't think Coolhandluke is taking this seriously enough.

shanon
07-29-2009, 04:01 PM
mikey went to jail to serve his time so he 'quit the boards' to cover up for it?

I mean wait, mikey quit?

Ormie
07-29-2009, 08:52 PM
What is it with this board and the hatred of anything creative, clever and overall not insular and mediocre?

I guess the guy who thinks [SHUN] BOLD WORDS LIFE SMARK [UNSHUN] is the work of a supergenius would think copying words other people wrote 100 times in a row would be creative and clever.

I love and will miss Mikey.

WT
07-29-2009, 10:01 PM
This, this right here, is why I disappear all the time.

As a community, we are insane. Not "Look At Me Being Zany Shabadoo!" insane, but talking to yourself on the buss nuts. We're schizophrenic. One moment everything's fine, then all of a sudden it's town hall meeting/quit the boards time. We hate Quapo. Quapo is brilliant. We hate Kender. We love Kender. We hate Tron. Tron, please come back. We hate Ormie. We hate Hole. Those are gonna turn around too.

Constantly, constantly divying ourselves up into groups. We're the USAmericans, and THEY'RE the ROTW. We're the TOP posters. For the love of gawd, can't we just be NPP?

The answer, of course, is no. We are, and always have been, a comunity of people who need, who thrive on conflict and controversy. If the shit isn't stirred up, damnit, somebody's gonna stir it up. Usually, over nothing. And that's fine, that's dandy, that's all well and good. But sometimes it's more than I can take. So I go away for a while. I don't say anything. I'm just gone one day. And the board keeps on keeping on and nobody really notices I've gone. And then something happens, like I meet a girl and I want to share that with my friends. So I show back up and tell you. And then I dissaprear again, or trickle down to two or three posts a week, and nobody notices. Because I don't make a thing of it.

Here's the honest truth: I have enjoyed pretty well every single person to ever post in any itteration of this comunity. Some of you guys I consider family. But as much as I love you guys, some days I can't stand you.

I think the point I'm trying to get to is that we're all getting older, but we're not maturing. We perpetuate this junior high bullshit, because it's all we know.

buckdiddy
07-29-2009, 10:34 PM
Hey don't come in here with your fancy diatribes making sense out of all this. We love our simple things; Mikey quitting, donuts and ROTW being EVIL INDEED!!!

manbooba
07-29-2009, 10:36 PM
Night time at NPP are considerably worse since tron, vern and mikey have left.

YouTube - Paula Cole-Where have all the cowboys gone

Boner
07-29-2009, 11:20 PM
This, this right here, is why I disappear all the time.

As a community, we are insane. Not "Look At Me Being Zany Shabadoo!" insane, but talking to yourself on the buss nuts. We're schizophrenic. One moment everything's fine, then all of a sudden it's town hall meeting/quit the boards time. We hate Quapo. Quapo is brilliant. We hate Kender. We love Kender. We hate Tron. Tron, please come back. We hate Ormie. We hate Hole. Those are gonna turn around too.

Constantly, constantly divying ourselves up into groups. We're the USAmericans, and THEY'RE the ROTW. We're the TOP posters. For the love of gawd, can't we just be NPP?

The answer, of course, is no. We are, and always have been, a comunity of people who need, who thrive on conflict and controversy. If the shit isn't stirred up, damnit, somebody's gonna stir it up. Usually, over nothing. And that's fine, that's dandy, that's all well and good. But sometimes it's more than I can take. So I go away for a while. I don't say anything. I'm just gone one day. And the board keeps on keeping on and nobody really notices I've gone. And then something happens, like I meet a girl and I want to share that with my friends. So I show back up and tell you. And then I dissaprear again, or trickle down to two or three posts a week, and nobody notices. Because I don't make a thing of it.

Here's the honest truth: I have enjoyed pretty well every single person to ever post in any itteration of this comunity. Some of you guys I consider family. But as much as I love you guys, some days I can't stand you.

I think the point I'm trying to get to is that we're all getting older, but we're not maturing. We perpetuate this junior high bullshit, because it's all we know.

The only division that caused this blow up is Mikey vs Reality. The ROTW controversy hasn't even been an issue lately except in Mikey's head.

Also, some of us, myself included, definitely notice when you don't post. I mees it. But I give big props to people that take breaks without big announcements and blow ups.

PeteMossMossMoss
07-30-2009, 12:47 AM
The only thing that bugs me about the ROTW is when they talk like pirates in normal threads... aye and that nonsense.

I like the boards better when certain people post more... WT is on this list... but I think most of us ebb and flow with our posting frequency and the dominant feel of the forums sway with whoever is throwing up more posts that week.

I will disagree with WT about people not maturing... there is way less SERIOUS BUSINESS than there used to be. Back in the day every move a moderator would make would cause a DRAMA BOMB... most sane people have relaxed and realized its just a message board and post getting moved to AIDS isn't going to ruin their sweet internet rep.

robelgordo
07-30-2009, 01:53 AM
I think Taff forgot to mention I'm serious.

Mikey created a bunch of non-existant us v. them situations (gambling being cancelled, NASCAR thread stuff, this innocent merger) with predictable results.

Good times.

NippleAppleCrap
07-30-2009, 02:09 AM
Mikey vs ROTW cycling feud had no redeeming qualities whatsoever. It was like watching Dirty Hun bathe.

Mousehole
07-30-2009, 02:45 AM
Sorry WT

JoeyAt75
07-30-2009, 03:34 AM
Mikey left because he needed an excuse not to bet me. If Fedor vs Brock falls thru he'll be back.

Nibbles
07-30-2009, 05:41 AM
I thought Vern left for school or something?

shanon
07-30-2009, 06:18 AM
yes, he did. He got himself in some sort of scrap with Taff....yes taff helped to run someone else off the boards.

he is in the process of moving and all that good shit soz yeah school plays a part but taff is the other part.

Taff
07-30-2009, 06:30 AM
Careful or I'll run you off

Nibbles
07-30-2009, 06:31 AM
:(

I thought he mentioned he was going because of moving, just assumed he'd be back when it was all together.

Shaolin
07-30-2009, 06:35 AM
He was the only person who was capable of stopping the GB&NI takeover so we disposed of him before he realised his powerz.

Mousehole
07-30-2009, 06:46 AM
well how else are we going to get rid of the NOrth American mods.

Sir John Fashanu
07-30-2009, 06:49 AM
Mikey vs ROTW cycling feud had no redeeming qualities whatsoever. It was like watching Dirty Hun bathe.

I agree it was probably the gayest topic anybody has ever fought about. But he's not going to dictate what is and isn't worthy of a thread, particularly as he just started one about American high schoolers beating France 80-0 or something in football. And hole wasn't bothered at all, just like he isn't bothered about the F1 thread trolling that cheekbone, bender, hun, taff, manboobs etc give him every week. Only pussies report posts.

Mousehole
07-30-2009, 06:59 AM
I only report posts that I think will kill threads. The first reply being a troll is different to the 100th reply being a troll.

F1 trolling is fun.

PeteMossMossMoss
07-30-2009, 08:04 AM
So I guess you report all of your own posts?? :iceburn:

That was pretty lame... more like a lukewarm burn

Taff
07-30-2009, 08:10 AM
He actually does report all his own posts so its not much of a burn at all. Its like a special treat for mods, we get to read his posts twice.

NippleAppleCrap
07-30-2009, 08:18 AM
ill hit you with a slapjack taff

Taff
07-30-2009, 08:21 AM
I'll fucking run you off the board

NippleAppleCrap
07-30-2009, 08:22 AM
lol nobody can run me off the board. NOBODY.

If you 2 day ban me my friend osiris will pay for my return.

Hun
07-30-2009, 09:42 AM
I RAN MIKEY OFF THE BOARDS

What a poofter.

WT, post more, lad. Same with you, Coolhandlad.

And anyway, what's all this ROTW shite? We keep nearly all our banter to the banter thread and we create separate threads for GB&NI entertainment things. I've not ventured into the US Big Brother FRED since I don't care for it. I have the Canadian Banter thread on ognire for the same reason.

In short, there's no ROTW split, it's just that Mikey is shit scared of my cat fucking up his dog while I fuck him up so bad that even his blow up doll wouldn't fuck him that he LEFT THE BOARDS.

RIP IN PEACE VERN

Lucas
07-30-2009, 10:09 AM
We wish Hun would retire instead of Mikey right fellas?

Hun
07-30-2009, 10:10 AM
wrong

Taff
07-30-2009, 10:19 AM
I ran Mikey off the boards stop trying to steal my thunder

Hun
07-30-2009, 10:50 AM
I make some threats to him over the internets and he scarpered like the pussy that he is.

Lucas
07-30-2009, 04:44 PM
I think it was Taff.

tron
07-31-2009, 04:07 PM
OMG MIKEY QUIT THE BOARDS!!! STOP THE E-PRESSES!!!!!!!!

Who cares. He'll be back in 6 months. I know I'm rarely here anyway, haven't read 1/2 of this thread, or a majority of other threads on this board where he probably announced it, but who gives a fuck.

This board is not too ROTW. It's not too USA. It's just a fucking board.

Hun
07-31-2009, 04:08 PM
IM BOARD OF YOU

Mousehole
07-31-2009, 04:10 PM
OMG MIKEY QUIT THE BOARDS!!! STOP THE E-PRESSES!!!!!!!!

Who cares. He'll be back in 6 months. I know I'm rarely here anyway, haven't read 1/2 of this thread, or a majority of other threads on this board where he probably announced it, but who gives a fuck.

This board is not too ROTW. It's not too USA. It's just a fucking board.

Exactly. I hate those folk who try to make more of something than it actually is.

crumpet attachment, heat settings. At the end of the day it just cooks bread.

NippleAppleCrap
07-31-2009, 04:11 PM
4 toaster analogies?

Skooch
07-31-2009, 06:12 PM
He's hungry.

Kendergardener
07-31-2009, 06:28 PM
Do they really have crumpet attachments in Jolly Old England?

Mousehole
07-31-2009, 06:48 PM
They sit on top of the toaster.

Crumpets and marmite - yummy

Kendergardener
07-31-2009, 07:02 PM
Sounds like a cockney comedy duo. The United Kingdom's answer to vern and Bugg if you will.

slaptastic78
08-01-2009, 05:30 AM
Oh dear.

shanon
08-01-2009, 07:18 AM
kender fags another perfectly fine, albeit boring conversation up. SPLIT THIS FAGGOTRY MODS

Mallard
08-02-2009, 01:16 AM
Thinking about doing the dishes, but instead of a scrubby pad I'm going to use salami and wait to see how long it takes for anybody to notice.

Osiris
08-03-2009, 12:00 PM
I'm always confused how you people welcome Mikey back when he returns. He's an insane idiot. But he quits all the time and then comes back and you're all 'hooray! we've missed you!'

Its like Batista but Mikey is tougher.

Shaolin
08-03-2009, 12:01 PM
Its best when the people talking mad shit about him now are licking his balls upon his return.

Osiris
08-03-2009, 12:13 PM
Hey! I resent that!

buckdiddy
08-03-2009, 09:04 PM
I enjoy watching Mikey's cycle.

Sabbatical, comes back refreshed ready to tangle, stories and arguments ensue, claim of true and/or false (mostly false) nature, blowup, sabbatical, repeat.

Slappy
08-09-2009, 06:39 AM
Big Question, will be Big Mikey be getting a Big title shot on his Big return.

Slappy
08-09-2009, 06:39 AM
BIG DAVE

Slappy
08-09-2009, 06:40 AM
YouTube - Pitbull I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho) UK VERSION - OFFICAL VIDEO

Stapes
08-09-2009, 11:23 AM
A funny gimmick account could be 'Michael' where it would be Mikey returning apparently but now he's a mature adult who doesn't engage in such foolishness anymore (but obviously his old personality seeps through which is why it could be funny). That's actually why I've always called him michael to illustrate that maturity point in an ironic way but there's so much intellectualism occurring in my posts there's no way a regular joe could pick it all up.

coolhandluke
08-09-2009, 07:30 PM
You're a regular Clive Stapes Lewis.

GT
08-09-2009, 07:52 PM
A funny gimmick account could be 'Michael' where it would be Mikey returning apparently but now he's a mature adult who doesn't engage in such foolishness anymore (but obviously his old personality seeps through which is why it could be funny). That's actually why I've always called him michael to illustrate that maturity point in an ironic way but there's so much intellectualism occurring in my posts there's no way a regular joe could pick it all up.

You could have just done that yourself. Now some unfunny cunt like Lucas will do it and you'll regret ever suggesting it.

Stapes
08-09-2009, 10:53 PM
You're a regular Clive Stapes Lewis.

I knew that was a CS reference before I googled but had no idea what his initials stood for. After googling....let's just say coolhandluke just leapfrogged all but a few in the Stapes pecking order with that brilliance.

Boner
08-09-2009, 11:41 PM
Am I even better for knowing the initials though?

shanon
08-10-2009, 08:34 AM
No, that just makes you a bigger nerd.

Boner
08-10-2009, 09:02 AM
I knew it because of Lost so yea probably.

Stapes
08-10-2009, 09:28 AM
Knowing what the initials stood for is just trivia, the fact that he incorporated it into something unique in the context was the brilliance.