My XBox Achievement Challenge Blog

Front Page Forums General Bullshit My XBox Achievement Challenge Blog

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Scotsman Scotsman 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Scotsman
    Scotsman
    Keymaster

Aim now is to get at least one achievement per day on my “XBox Games to Wrap Up” list and just slowly chip away at that while starting new games. I’ll do a daily update at the end of each of these updates.

As a reminder my current goal is to get my XBox One Backlog under 100 games.

Alright since last time….

First up was Knight Squad which we’d got 2 achievements in back in the day I guess but which was on my XBox One To Do List. Fun little game and we had some fun multiplayer action with it all 4 of us. Got all the achievements in it to wrap it up at 15/15 achievements for 1k.

Removed Evolve from my list as that’s another online game.

I beat Saints Row: Gat out of Hell. The entire story mode is only like 4 hours. By the time I beat it I had 10 out of 45 achievements. While I could just throw it on my “Games to Wrap Up” list and ignore it for awhile – I’m still really enjoying it and want to keep playing. So while I HAVE put it on the “Wrap Up” list, I’m going to aim to get one “Wrap Up” achievement a day. So I’ll just slowly pick away at this one over time.

I think I mentioned it last time but I started Joe Danger 2 as it was being removed from Game Pass. Finished that for 24/30 achievements or 280/400 gamerscore. Not worth the stress going for the others.

Beat Halo: Spartan Assault. Fun game that I’d had on my list since I got my XBone. 10/30 achievements. Added to my “Games to Wrap Up” list and I’ll chip away at it over time.

Bought Kingdoms of Amalur for the 360. Also Brave & Trials of the Blood Dragon were XBox Games with Gold.

Games To Wrap Up Daily Log: 156
    March 5th; 2 achievements in Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell. One for upgrading a weapon to the max, the other for taking down an extraction facility while on a motorcycle.
    March 6th: 1 achievement in Halo: Spartan Assault for beating a level with max skulls active.

Current Status(Forgot to track what my #s were from the old forums)

XBox One Games: 124
    XBLA Games: 61
    XBox 360 Games: 99
    XBox Games To Wrap Up: 156

Feeling good I can get the XBone games list down to below 99 in the next month or so.

Gamerscore: 262,783
    True Achievement Score: 415,140
    100% Completed Games: 110
    Percentage: 59.2%

Nibbles
    Nibbles
    Participant

I bought the Trials Fusion season pass on sale the other week. Wen’t through one set of DLC for all the chievos, will go through the rest at some point.

Need to start getting through some games. I just seems to play COD multiplayer at this point.

Nibbles
    Nibbles
    Participant

Picked up Far Cry 5. Haven’t picked up a game on release in a long time. Enjoying it so far, builds on the previous games keeping the gameplay similar. Upgrades are all based on perks which are predominantly gained by challenges. Stuff like kill x enemies with certain weapons. Crafting isn’t as important. Area is huge and feels like a populated rural setting.

Enemies constantly respawn and there’s always animals around so you’re rarely without some pressure whilst you’re traveling from location to location. Could be a positive or a negative depending on your view, but I don’t mind it.

If you liked the previous games pretty easy buy.

Scotsman
    Scotsman
    Keymaster

What were your thoughts on Far Cry 4? I remember finding that one quite dull mostly due to the story mode and it was a grind to complete it so I’m worried the same thing with FC5.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Scotsman Scotsman.
    Nibbles
    Nibbles
    Participant

Enjoyed it overall. From memory my biggest criticism was that it was pretty much a reskin of 3. Think you could finish this one quickish, 20-35 hours. Longer if you want to do everything.

If you really didn’t like 4 though gameplay and story isn’t radically different here. Game is super pretty though and runs at native 4k if you have a One and TV for it.

Nibbles
    Nibbles
    Participant

Xbox fall sale currently on. Titanfall 2 is a must play imo, but a definite buy at the price it’s at. Some good deal on lots of other stuff. Deus Ex is real cheap.

Nibbles
    Nibbles
    Participant

Finished Far Cry 5. Going back to the story thing, if that’s a gripe with the game you don’t really have to worry about it here. Story missions progress the game, but so does everything else you do. You’ll probably find you complete the game without doing much of the story just from all the other shit you’re doing.

It has a similar system to Ghost Recon where the map is split into regions and everything you do contributes to the resistant points that destabilise it. Points are quite generous though so you’ll probably get a region done half way just through a little exploring.

Standard Far Cry gameplay though, so it’ll be that which makes or breaks it for you. Shooting is well done although with everything locked behind cash you probably want to pick and choose your weapons instead of trying to get everything.

Same for perks. They come thick and fast but you’d have to complete much of the game to unlock everything. Comfortably get 50% through gameplay without trying too much though.

Enemies are aggressive and constant so you wont move around too far without getting into skirmishes. I didn’t mind it as it kept you engaged, but could see how it would bother others.

Finished all achievements bar one, so should wrap it all up soon.

Scotsman
    Scotsman
    Keymaster

Thanks for the Far Cry 5 Review mate – I’ll probs get to it eventually.

Stopped the Daily Achievements thing for now as I found I kept going for chivos in Saints Row Gat Out of Hell then getting hooked and playing it lol. Will focus on XBox One Games under 100 first and ideally get 1 achievement a day in a sports game.

I beat Letter Quest: Grimm’s Journey Remastered. Funnily enough despite beating all 30 levels you don’t get an achievement. I ended up at 19/60 achievements. Even though it’s now on my “to wrap up” list I expect I’ll be playing it a fair bit. Each level has 4 stars and there’s a lot of grinding to be done and really it’s the perfect pick up and play game if I need a few minutes break from work.

I moved Battlefield 1 from my “New XBox One Games” list to my “Games to Wrap Up” list. I didn’t beat it I was just bored of shit with it. The story mode was clearly tacked on and was just fucking dull. That one is currently at 4/31 achievements. I had tried to play it to go through it and blah. I’ll get back to it at some point I’m sure.

I went through Madden 17 and beat that. Ended with 29/35 achievements. I could get more and probably 100% it but the rest of the chivos were a pain. I tried a couple and bleh just got tired of it. Off the list.

Started Gears of War 4 with Taff. After many years of begging him to buy an XBone he finally caved. So while I play that one, it’s on my “Games to Wrap Up” list.

I’ve started playing Bulletstorm. Quite a fun game.

Mason played a bunch of Superhot and got 12/25 achievements. Ella played Tomb Raider: Definite Edition on the XBone. Only got 7/50 achievements even tho she beat it ha. Cool that she played through a game like that though.

With Comix Zone leaving Game Pass I started that and got 7/12 achievements. Then I got bored of it lol.

New Games due to Games With Gold: Superhot on Xbone, Quantrum Condrum on XBLA. Wordament Snap Attack was delisted and I’ve removed that from my “Games To Wrap Up” list. Assassins Creed Syndicate and NHL 18 and The Witness also added.

Anyway haven’t updated in awhile and this is a mess but getting focused now. The trip to NOLA and a few work things fucked me up but rocking it now and playing a bunch of Bulletstorm.

Goal is still to get my XBox One Games under 100.

XBox One Games: 124
    XBLA Games: 62
    XBox Games To Wrap Up: 158

Gamerscore: 264,693
    True Achievement Score: 418,564
    Percentage: 58.75%

Nibbles
    Nibbles
    Participant

I didn’t think Battlefield 1 was that bad. The story mode is nothing great, but they’re all self-contained little episodes and only a couple of hours each.

Bulletstorm was great fun. Is that backwards compatible or did it get a remaster?

Also what’s up with Brando? He’s got like 10k achievements this month.

Scotsman
    Scotsman
    Keymaster

Remaster. Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition.

And not sure haven’t really been paying attention he bought tons of those neo geo games though so I guess that’s it. I think they’re all really easy

Nibbles
    Nibbles
    Participant

I dont think theyre on the marketplace here.

GTA IV is ten years old today.

Scotsman
    Scotsman
    Keymaster

Small change to my backlog lists – it was getting ridiculous trying to keep track of all the sports games due to EA Access, and really getting annoying almost when they add a new one which just adds to my backlog.

So I’ve separated them into a “Sports/Racing” list where it’s any sports or racing games mainly. And then I’m just chipping away at them with at least one achievement per day. Only added ones from my “XBox Games to Wrap Up” and “New XBox One Games” lists at the moment haven’t cleaned up the XBox 360/XBLA games.

I know no-one really cares but hey I do and that’s all that counts.

Anyway since last time – goal is still to get my “New XBox One Games” list down to below 100. To help accomplish that I’ve went through and marked any games with story mode 10 hours or less and then focusing on them.

Bulletstorm – Full Clip Edition: Started this and beat it. This was a really fun game and I loved almost everything about it. Ended up with 20/60 achievements. There’s obviously a bunch of other achievements I need but I’ll be doing a 2nd playthrough of this one I’m sure and will grab them all then. Onto the “Games to Wrap Up” list it goes.

Anyway wow did I really enjoy the shit out of that. That style of game is my perfect first person shooter.

Sports Games Daily Achievements:

April 26th: Loaded up Fifa 16 which I had 18/48 achievements in. Going to focus on this one. Got achievements for substituting star player in a match, assist a goal with a driven ground pass, signing a star player (Carrick lol), winning pre-season tournament in manager career and doing training drills in career. Also gifted an item to a friend, improved 1 attribute in player career mode and won the Women’s International Cup. This put me at 26/48.

April 27th: 2 in Fifa 16 – applied a chemistry style consumable and changed my online pros haircut. 28/48.

April 28th-29th: Weekends are usually bad as this house seems to turn into an orphange with the amount of kids that stay over. Never got anything done.

April 30th: Used all 7 subs in a pre-season game of Fifa in career mode for chivo. 29/48 achievements currently.

XBox One Games: 118 (-6)
    XBox Games To Wrap Up: 141 (-17)
    Sports/Racing: 26

Gamerscore: 265,068 (+375)
    True Achievement Score: 419,180 (+616)
    Percentage: 58.88% (+0.13%)

Nibbles
    Nibbles
    Participant

Guessing it’s all the weapon achievements for Bulletstorm? If the remaster is the same as the 360 version I’m pretty sure you could reuse checkpoints if you find good spots for getting kills.

Nibbles
    Nibbles
    Participant

RDR2 trailer

Scotsman
    Scotsman
    Keymaster

Noticed Jackbox Party Pack 3 was on my list twice ha (once with “The” in it and once without) so that’s off my New XBox One games list. Yay. Also moved Friday the 13th to the Games to Wrap Up List as I already did start it awhile ago and I realized FRU is a Kinect game so moved that there.

Jackbox Party Pack 3: Started playing through this with the family so it’ll go off my New XBox One Games list and onto my XBox Games to Wrap Up list. I’ll play it with them a bunch then eventually get the remaining chivos. Currently at 6/20 achievements.

Overcooked: Got 10 out of 11 achievements in this. There’s an achievement for being awarded three stars in every kitchen and I might chip away at that one with Mason so it’s moved to the Games to Wrap Up List for now.

I Am Bread:Tried this out. Seemed fun enough but not a “sit here and play through and 1k” type of game. More a pick up and play a level or go for an achievement every now and again game. Played the first couple of levels and seems cool. Onto my “Games to Wrap Up” list it goes at 4/35 and I’ll pick up and play it sometimes.

The Final Station: Man I loved the HELL out of this game. Such a fun game and highly recommended. Beat the whole thing and managed to get all achievements without even using a guide which was nice! 10/10 – 1000g.

Speedrunners: Not sure why this was on my “new” list as we’ve all played it a bunch. Anyway just noticed it and with 14/18 achievements will move it to “Games To Wrap Up” as can probs still get a couple chivos in it.

Never Alone: This was a fun little game I have to say. Played through it with Mason and really enjoyed it. Not finished it yet but will wrap it up tomorrow. 9/15 achievements on the “Games to Wrap Up” list it goes.

Pneuma Breath of Life: Man the Narrator really got on my nerves on this game. Anyway it started off fun and got a bit blah and the narrator wouldn’t shut up. Beat it all anyway. 11/11, 1k.

Bought Just Cause 3. Only $12 for the XL edition I had to.

Sports Games Daily Achievements:

May 1st: NBA Live 15 achievement for trading for a player that is over 90 overall in Dynasty.
    May 2nd: Fifa 17 achievement for assisting a goal using a threaded through pass.
    May 3rd: Fifa 17 achievement for completing a squad builder challenge.
    May 4th-7th: Nothing as was actually playing other games so oh well I’ll take it.

XBox One Games: 107 (-11)
    XBox Games To Wrap Up: 148 (+7)
    Sports/Racing: 26

Gamerscore: 267,943 (+2875)
    True Achievement Score: 423,164 (+4434)
    100% Completed Games: 112 (+2)
    Percentage: 58.91% (+0.03)

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by Scotsman Scotsman.
    • This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by Scotsman Scotsman.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.