Newest Movie Review Fred

Front Page Forums General Bullshit Newest Movie Review Fred

This topic contains 70 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Nibbles Nibbles 3 hours, 7 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    TheRealBoner
    TheRealBoner
    Participant

Good Time

Excellent. Story of a lifelong criminal trying to scrounge up money in one night to bail out his brother. The story [i]never[/i] goes where you think it’s going to, so many fun surprises and moments. Great performances all around, and Pattinson nails the manipulative crime guy part. He’s really done good to shed the Twilight stigma, taking all these indy roles. Just a blast of a movie, if you enjoy watching shitty people do shitty things. Found myself rooting for these pieces of shit.

Now streaming on ‘zon Prime.

4.5 / 5

The Shape of Water

Saw this before the Oscars, so expectations weren’t as high as they’d be if I saw it after knowing it was Best Picture, but they were still high going in. This was just a bunch of meh for me. Not getting the resounding praise. It all feels like stuff we’ve seen before, even thought I can’t pinpoint exactly where. It’s good, it’s fine, but it doesn’t bring anything unexpected. If you watch the trailer, you know everything that’s going to happen. I’d usually blame that kind of thing on the trailer, but there’s nothing they could work with here to keep things surprising.

Hawkins was amazing though. A little confused on the nomination for Spencer just playing a walking sassy stereotype. I guess she’s in the class now where if she gives an above average performance in a prestige pic she’ll get a nod.

3 / 5

TheRealBoner
    TheRealBoner
    Participant

Going to SXSW again this week so I’m glad I’ll have somewhere to post a 2000 word post that no one will read.

Hole
    Hole
    Participant

Watched Airplane last night. It was glorious, so disappointed in how Zucker sold out

TheRealBoner
    TheRealBoner
    Participant

It’s the greatest comedy ever made.

b00n
    b00n
    Participant

Sure you can’t be… No, you are serious.

Also you are correct.

GMFT
    GMFT
    Participant

Watched Blazing Saddles last week when I was home dying. I can think of a lot worse ways to spend 90 minutes.

Envision
    Participant

Red Sparrow: No stars.

Movie sucked. A lot. Predictable spy movie with the added touch of apparently having been written by an actual CIA agent. It sucked. Save the money and go see Black Panther again.

b00n
    b00n
    Participant

I preferred the prequels with Peter Sellers.

buckdiddy
    buckdiddy
    Participant

Shape of Water def overrated but it’s got some great acting. Probably gonna watch Annihilation this weekend.

b00n
    b00n
    Participant

I felt the same about Three Billboards to be honest. Maybe I just went into it with my expectations too high. Maybe I need to watch it again.

Probably won’t though.

Nibbles
    Nibbles
    Participant

Red Sparrow: 2 stars

Great performances but story falls pretty flat. Want’s to be a sexy thriller but the stakes and tension just arn’t there.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by Nibbles Nibbles.
    GMFT
    GMFT
    Participant

Wind River

The most useless avenger (Jeremy Renner) stars as a fish and game warden that is asked to help in an investigation related to a body he finds out in the tundra. The dead girl is an injun that was obviously chased out into the cold barefoot and beaten. The movie intertwines between the reservation and a man camp for oil workers. Decent little crime thriller. The Gerry recommends.

robelgordo
    Participant

I also enjoyed Wind River. ***1/2

Saw Black Panther the other day, it was quite good too, although rather far fetched. ***1/2

TheRealBoner
    TheRealBoner
    Participant

Was this your first Marvel movie?

Hun
    Hun
    Participant

tbf, I’ve not seen any of them. I don’t get to the cinema much, don’t have that much time to spare to watch a genre I’m not particularly bothered by, so my only exposure to the Marvel thing is Jessica Jones.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.