Newest Movie Review Fred

Front Page Forums General Bullshit Newest Movie Review Fred

This topic contains 37 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by TheRealBoner TheRealBoner 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Nibbles
    Nibbles
    Participant

Deadpool 2 looks fun.

Scotsman
    Scotsman
    Keymaster

Ready Player One: One of my new favourite movies. Might have to go see the IMAX viewing of it. 5/5

buckdiddy
    buckdiddy
    Participant

The Scotsman seal of approval.

Nibbles
    Nibbles
    Participant

I’d give it 3/5. Visually impressive but not much character and sags a bit through the 3rd act.

GMFT
    GMFT
    Participant

Boone The Bounty Hunter

Johnny Mundo Morrison Hennigan is a bounty hunter with a failing TV show. He decides to follow a drug lord to Mexico to try and boost his ratings. Also stars Rampage and the kid from Jerry McGuire. Typical made for dvd action movie. Nothing spectacualr to see. Watch it if you are dying to see Johnny Mundo act. Otherwise skip it.

TheRealBoner
    TheRealBoner
    Participant

Tower
    Missed this at SXSW 16 and had been putting it off. Excellently done doc about the shootings from the University of Texas tower in 1966 for its 50th anniversary. It focuses on stories of the people affected by and around the shootings and barely gets into the shooter himself, which is a good choice. Lots of stories of survival, and the good and bad that come out of people that are faced with these situations. Getting more and more relevant today even in the 2 short years since its release. Combines interviews with recreations to tell a compelling tale.

Streaming on Netflix.
    4 / 5

A Ghost Story
    Indie art thing about a guy who dies and is compelled to return to his house to try to reconnect with his wife. Extraordinarily slow in the first half, but really picks up and has a lot to say in the 2nd half. If anyone tries this I’d encourage you to stick with it. Hard to recommend though as I know many will hate it. Can’t say it’s great, but interesting and different enough to check out.

Streaming on zon Prime.
    3.5 / 5

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by TheRealBoner TheRealBoner.
    GMFT
    GMFT
    Participant

Redemption

Jason Statham is a homeless skag who stumbles into a rich dude’s apartment after being chased by thugs. The story progresses to Statham hanging around with a nun, working for the chinese mob and hunting the guy who killed his homeless girlfriend. This is a quality movie, despite my shitty description. Watch it.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by GMFT GMFT.
    TheRealBoner
    TheRealBoner
    Participant

Carnage Park

Missed this one at ‘sby ’16 so glad to see it pop up on Netflix. Decent bonkers movie. Goes directions I wasn’t expecting after the way it starts. Pat Heeley is great, he seems to be the MVP of everything he’s in.

3.5 / 5

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.