Newest Movie Review Fred

Front Page Forums General Bullshit Newest Movie Review Fred

This topic contains 70 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Nibbles Nibbles 3 hours, 24 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Nibbles
    Nibbles
    Participant

SPOILERS
    .It made it very obvious that everything is going to be reversed though.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Nibbles Nibbles.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Nibbles Nibbles.
    Kappa
    Kappa
    Participant

Also Spoiler:

Pretty obvs by who is still alive that they’ll have to sacrifice selves to save the others.

Nibbles
    Nibbles
    Participant

Kevin Feige just did an interview stating there wont be any major announcements until mid 2019. Wont be presenting anything at ComicCon. Stated that post Avengers 4 the plan is to be much more secretive to avoid people working out directions. Also stated that Infinite War Avengers 4 will be the last “big” movies for a long time.

My guess is that things might be on hold somewhat while the Fox buyout is going on as, if they get Xmen Fantastic 4, it probably changes their direction for Phase 4.

buckdiddy
    buckdiddy
    Participant

So what you’re saying is we’re getting Avengers vs. X-Men.

Nibbles
    Nibbles
    Participant

I would guess they’d take years building it up and then the next Avengers movie would be them v Dr Doom.

Scotsman
    Scotsman
    Keymaster

Avengers was quite good even though I didn’t have a clue who half the characters were. There was a little girl sitting a few rows away who would loudly yell out each characters name which was quite helpful as I didn’t even recognize Captain America initially.

Spidey man is great in that limited role. Utter pish when he has a whole film dedciated to him tho.

GMFT
    GMFT
    Participant

Black Panther

Decent movie, but I really don’t get why everyone thought it was the greatest comic book movie to roll along since Wonder Woman. I think everyone is just having long term memory loss.

GMFT
    GMFT
    Participant

Trying to remember what I saw on the planes

Justice League

Typical super hero stuff. Nothing groundbreaking.

Jumamji

Basically a kids movie thinly disguised as an adult action flick. Skip this shit.

Three Billboards Outside some dumb ass town

Decent movie. The story was better than expected. Despite oscar buzz, I don’t think they did a good job marketing this movie. From the ads I remember, I thought it was a quirky comedy, not a murder drama.

TheRealBoner
    TheRealBoner
    Participant

Coco
    Pretty good, might’ve been overhyped for me going in with all the praise it got last year. Some fun twists and design. However, 70% of the humor involved skeletons breaking apart or losing their heads, which got old quickly. Pixar is usually better than that.
    Streaming on Netflix.
    3.5 / 5

Solo the S’wars ‘ry
    Good fun movie. Not sure why some say it’s bad, it’s not outright bad but it’s not amazing either. Some great references, and I need more Lando.
    I could see it as a missed opportunity, they probably could’ve done more, but considering all the production woes I thnk they ended up with a good movie.
    3.5 / 5

Hereditary
    The hype did not kill this one for me. Some great unexpected stuff, some legit shock moments, and just a great building atmosphere of tension of creepiness. I really love how gradually things built into what the real goal was, and how everything connected together. It’s one of the more satisfying plots/execution of a horror movie.
    Having endings be vague or left up to interpretation is something a lot of prestige horror movies do, but this one bucked that trend and it was better for it.
    If you’re a modern horror fan it’s a must see.
    5 / 5

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by TheRealBoner TheRealBoner.
    Nibbles
    Nibbles
    Participant

I’d rate Solo similar to Rouge One. I think Solo’s release date is what hurt it. Originally it was going to be 2 weeks after Avengers too.

TheRealBoner
    TheRealBoner
    Participant

Rogue One was much much better.

buckdiddy
    buckdiddy
    Participant

It helps that Rogue was a bottle episode that had a clear goal. Solo was fun but it suffered from MAKE US REMEMBER THE ORIGINALS mode.

GMFT
    GMFT
    Participant

The Foreigner

Jackie Chan’s kid gets all blow’d up in an IRA bombing. Jackie harasses and terrorizes Gerry Adams looking for names of people he can go seek vengeance on. Decent movie, never really feels slow or boring. Jackie plays a good broken old man, and Remmington Steele is a good fit for the pompous Gerry Adams avatar (can’t remember what they called him in the movie). Definitely wort a watch.

TheRealBoner
    TheRealBoner
    Participant

The Snowman
    The Fassbendy murdermovie everyone shit on last year. It’s not as bad as everyone said but it’s not great either. I think I was expecting complete shit so it was entertaining enough. Definitely some really dumb/nonsensical parts.
    2.5 / 5

Game Night
    Decent enough comedy. Takes a bit to get going but once it’s going there’s some big laughs. Some really well shot/constructed scenes too, and some fun twists for a comedy. Plemmons is great.
    3.5 / 5

Man vs Snake
    Sort of a spiritual successor to King of Kong, this time about a much less known arcade game called Nibbler. It’s a game with no end/kill screen so can be marathoned for days. Focuses on one uy who got the high score in the 80s that’s getting re-challenged almost 30 years later, so he decides to pick it back up. Fun doc with the usual wacky nerd characters. Billy Mitchell and his sycophant Twin Galaxies ref friend return for this one.

Streaming on Netflix
    3.5 / 5

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by TheRealBoner TheRealBoner.
    buckdiddy
    buckdiddy
    Participant

Mission: Impossible – Fallout is bonkers and a really good action movie.
    Sorry to Bother You is bonkers and a really good comedy movie about how dumb capitalism is.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.