Sports thread

Front Page Forums General Bullshit Sports thread

This topic contains 62 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Nibbles Nibbles 2 hours, 51 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Lucas
    Lucas
    Participant

Disturbing trend innit?

What’s you guys’ take on the VAR? I’m loving it right now. Think the refs on the pitch should rely on it more often. That’ll get sorted out as time goes on.

Anyway, sad to see some of the shit team that made it to the next round and should be no match for the stronger teams – Sweden, Switzlerland, Mexico, Denmark, Russia … that’ll get sorted out soon!

Let’s go Uruguay!

toptenguy
    toptenguy
    Participant

LOL YELLOW CARD TIEBREAKER

Lucas
    Lucas
    Participant

Ridiculous.

Hun
    Hun
    Participant

VAR has been, on the whole, great. Once they iron out all the kinks, it’ll be a vital part of the game. Scots mentioned to me he’s used to it from US sports, and I am from rugby league, so it’s nothing new in that respect. Once England get a break from VAR, everyone in this country will be on board, especially Phil “Cunt” Neville.

toptenguy
    toptenguy
    Participant

So “VAR” is basically instant replay? If they now have this technology, does that mean that they will eventually have an ACTUAL DIGITAL CLOCK to let the players know exactly how much time is left during injury time? I still laugh at the absurdly antiquated “Ok guyz, just play for 4 or 5’ish more minutes, I’ll let you know when you’re done! Just play!!”

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by toptenguy toptenguy.
    toptenguy
    toptenguy
    Participant

And my “Home Country of France” (According to Hun, anyway) advances! Crazy game, I am kicking myself (no pun intended) for only watching the 1st half. Sounds like I missed quite the flurry of goals. 🙁

toptenguy
    toptenguy
    Participant

And to complete the triple post, CONGRATS LUCAS.

Lucas
    Lucas
    Participant

Thanks brother! Was an awesome game, saw it at a restaurant with my parents and it was a fantastic atmosphere. Got some some videos of the people going wild in the streets. Hope we can take on France, but if not I won’t be too mad, Mbappe is a beast and is on another level.

VAR is video assisted referee (or something like that). They have 4 referees in a room watching like 20 screens and they communicate with the main referee. Ultimately the decision is up to the main ref on the pitch but he now has the chance to see the cameras to help with SOME decisions like penalties and others (not all decisions). It hasn’t taken away from the flow of the game too much and it has worked more often than not so I’m all for it.

toptenguy
    toptenguy
    Participant

Huge win for Russia on Rusev Day! (Which also happens to be Canada day).

toptenguy
    toptenguy
    Participant

Belgium scores the game winner super late into injury time, with nobody on the planet except the referee knowing how much time was truly left. Did the clock expire but the ref felt like watching one more drive to the net? Cause he ended the game about 3 seconds after the ball was put back in play. #CONSPIRACY

Lucas
    Lucas
    Participant

What a game. Let’s see how they fare against BRAZIL.

Hun
    Hun
    Participant

TTG vs Lucas in the quarter finals. I’ve backed France outright, so I hope that cunt Suarez chokes on a dick before the game.

Lucas
    Lucas
    Participant

Fuck

toptenguy
    toptenguy
    Participant

World Cup is now the Euro Cup!

toptenguy
    toptenguy
    Participant

I don’t know if this is an anomaly, but this tournament has been incredibly exciting so far. Tons of goals and great plays. I approve!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.