Video Game Discussion

Front Page Forums General Bullshit Video Game Discussion

This topic contains 24 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Nibbles Nibbles 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Nibbles
    Nibbles
    Participant

New Fallout teaser. Hot rumour is that there is multiplayer of some description.

• This topic was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Nibbles Nibbles.
    • This topic was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Nibbles Nibbles.
    buckdiddy
    buckdiddy
    Participant

I bought Farcry 5 to do co-op and the co-op doesn’t count for the person who joins and that’s dumb.

TheRealBoner
    TheRealBoner
    Participant

Doesn’t count how?

Nibbles
    Nibbles
    Participant

Only the host’s game’s progress is saved. So any missions done by joiner in co-op doesn’t carry over to their single player.

Think both still get chievos.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Nibbles Nibbles.
    Nibbles
    Nibbles
    Participant

Big E3. Fallout 76 in November. Cyberpunk 2077 and Elder Scrolls VI also in the works. Rage 2 looks good as well.

TheRealBoner
    TheRealBoner
    Participant

Future Witcher has me very excited.

Still skeptical on Fallout 76, if you can truly play it solo and not lose anything then it’ll be fine. I just feel all the aspies will take over the nuclear sites and ruin the game within a day.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by TheRealBoner TheRealBoner.
    Nibbles
    Nibbles
    Participant

I think it has a lot of potential. Although between that and Elder Scrolls I’m guessing a new Fallout will be years and years away.

/r/fallout is melting down over 76 though.

Nibbles
    Nibbles
    Participant

Holy shit r/Battlefield/ is bad too

I have played Battlefield since BF1942, and I have studied World War 2 since I was 5 years old. I majored in Economics at UCLA with a minor in German Studies, with a heavy focus on the Second World War. To call me “uneducated” because I want a reasonablly authentic game is completely uncalled for. Women DID NOT serve for the Wehrmacht or the Waffen SS.

buckdiddy
    buckdiddy
    Participant

#iamverysmart

But the only way to get in front of these idiots is if you take the Inglorious Bastards route and have the press continually say it’s historical fiction, which is what basically all war video games are now.

Nibbles
    Nibbles
    Participant

COD WII had women in it,was there a meltdown over that?

Also Fallout 76 to have years of free DLC. Microtransactions are present however cosmetic only and everything can be earned through gameplay.

Other details:

Equipment detoriation is back.
      New weapon-wielding ghouls aka “scorchers” replace the raiders in other fallout games.
      Max player count between 24-32, not set yet.
      Food will spoil.
      Around 63 enemies so far.
      Still ongoing balancing on PVP, but griefing mitigation is in place. Such as if a player kills you, a mechanic is in place to prevent them from doing so again continuously.
      All players will be able to see each other at anytime.
      Squad size is set to 4.
      There will be randomized world events, requiring many players to group up and assist.
      Using a nuke at different areas mutates the fauna and provide endgame enemies/drops. Using a nuke is rewarded. Areas go back to normal after a set time.
      This Fallout will have more colour, expect less sepia as the nukes weren’t focused on that region.
      Radiation now gives mutations, these are traits which can be immensely helpful with some negatives attached. You can remove this too.
      You will use the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. for various “card” perks, such as focusing on being an item mule, cook, tinkerer, power armor, etc. You can unequip these cards if you’d like.
      You can synergize these perks aka “cards” with other members in your squad. You can trade these perk cards between allies to make a scout, medic, attacker focused team members.
      Wanted levels for griefers
      Trading
      The free DLC plans are to have two main teams, one for smaller content updates to keep the game fresh and one team for large content changes and additions.
      There is a story but they did not talk about the story specifics yet.
      You can move your camp and the camp disappears when you’re offline.
    • This reply was modified 4 months ago by Nibbles Nibbles.
    Nibbles
    Nibbles
    Participant

Turns out the guy who made that Battlefield post lied about going to college lol.

TheRealBoner
    TheRealBoner
    Participant

The Fallout 76 announcement gave me the itch and I’ve found myself playing Fallout 4 again. Went for a melee build which is pretty fun but I don’t see how I’ll beat some of the bigger bosses.

Nibbles
    Nibbles
    Participant

Got the season pass. Debating now whether to play the DLC or restart the game.

TheRealBoner
    TheRealBoner
    Participant

For Fallout 4?

I have none of the DLC.

Nibbles
    Nibbles
    Participant

Yeah, Fallout 4. Check ebay. I got a cheap UK one. Some UK site had a pricing error for a few hours, which they honoured. People bought heaps and flogged them on ebay. Mine was about 25% of retail here.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.