+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 139 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: What TV Series Should I Go Through Now?

Thanks
    But they don't care that he's care.
    NPP Fantasy Football Legend

Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have. Wait, wait. I worry that what you just heard was "Give me a lot of bacon and eggs." What I said was, "Give me all the bacon and eggs you have." Do you understand?

Quote Originally Posted by HeisenGuy View Post
    I hope Vince Mcmahon dies

Thanks
    I know I don't.
    back by negotiated demand

Mikey is offline Only posts when on weekend pass from mental institution
    Thanks
    I certainly don't.

Find me a more badass gay in television history.
    Quote Originally Posted by WT's Dad View Post
    "Mikey's a little fucked up, Thomas."
    Quote Originally Posted by nateeasy View Post
    Thanks for choosing me for sex.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boner View Post
    Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you?

Brando is offline it's going to be hard for Silva to come back from that in the fourth or fifth round.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotsman View Post

Finally - Lost. You guys really think I'd like that show? Because it'd be really cool if I got into it - Janise fucking LOVES it - all time favourite show - I arrive home from the UK on the night that Lost returns, and she won't even pick me up at the airport even though I arrive home like an hour before it starts, just in case of traffic(and it's a 20 minute fucking drive!). And like she'd shit herself with joy if I got into it.

But I dunno. I did give it a try initially, and was bored within the first episode. And from what I understand a lot of fucked up shit happens on itt hat i dunno if I'd be into - but who knows. Basically if I watched Lost, how many episodes should I watch before I would know if I'm going to like the show or not?
    I'm with Janise. Unless there was a life or death situation somewhere I'm not getting bothered at all at 9 on Tuesday.

I don't know how long I'd say you'd have to watch it. At least half of season 1 if not all. But honestly by maybe 3 eps in (4 "hours" since the pilot is 2 parts) I was hooked and didn't slow down watching at all.
    I would say half way into Season 1. If you're not hooked by the time (don't read this Scots, duh) Claire and Charlie get kidnapped and we find out about Ethan along with finding the Hatch, then you're probably not gonna like the show.

Thanks
    Lol. Just got done the first ep of Lost. dunno about "hooked" yet but its pretty close. So yes plz be sure to spoiler tag any and all.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Brando is offline it's going to be hard for Silva to come back from that in the fourth or fifth round.
    Thanks
    I didn't think it'd be that easy...

PCC is offline Please don't ruin my internet experience like I ruin yours
    Thanks
    I'd recommend giving Battlestar Galactica a try. Judging from your taste in movies (Nick Cage, The Rundown), you seem to enjoy action and "cool shit", which BSG has in spades.

This is also the reason I think you'll find Mad Men too slow.
    Reigning King of NPP Fantasy Sports:

2011, 2012 Fantasy Hockey Champion
    2011, 2012 Fantasy Basketball Champion

I'm backing PCC

Thanks
    I've just finished the first series of Life on Mars. You should go through those and then straight on to Ashes to Ashes.

Thanks
    They made a US version of Life in Mars which they showed on one of the english channels here, but I just heard that it's based off of a UK version (surprise!) so I'm going to have to check that one out.

The Wire is awesome, so is Deadwood

I've been watching Lost since it started, but I don't think I could watch it on DVD, I feel like alot of the early seasons are filler and made totally irrelevant by the later seasons. Plus there are just too many episodes in every season.

Spaced is a really good show. Also, I've been watching the first (and only) season of Kings starring Al Schweringen and that's been pretty solid.

Also Veronica Mars, Pushing Daisies, Flight of the Conchords and Rome are all worth checking out.
    There's not a problem that I can't fix, cause I can do it in the mix.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Mort View Post
    They made a US version of Life in Mars which they showed on one of the english channels here, but I just heard that it's based off of a UK version (surprise!) so I'm going to have to check that one out.
    Well worth it.

Only 8 episodes a series, is highly recommended.

Thanks
    US version of Life on Mars is shite, I read a big article on US remakes and it panned it
    Taffs super cool site!

The PSN username "Thisisacode_E" is NPP Poster "Kisses"

Thanks
    It doesn't have the real Gene Genie for a start.

Thanks
    Enjoying Mikey's rambling idiocy in this thread.

Also, I'm going to suggest that you not watch Lost. Getting to know your tastes over the years, I'm fairly certain you'll hate it.

Thanks
    If you start watching Lost over The Wire, I'm cutting you.

Thanks
    Odd that he was bored of the first ep before but now liked it.

Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have. Wait, wait. I worry that what you just heard was "Give me a lot of bacon and eggs." What I said was, "Give me all the bacon and eggs you have." Do you understand?

Thanks
    Legit had a nightmare last night that me and Brandos plane crashed on an island, and it was just me, Brando and a bunch of kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Hun View Post
    I'm gonna give Lost a try anyway - good chance as I watch more I'll get turned off.

It's funny because watching it last night I wonder how I could ever have been bored. Part of it might be that I've heard so much about the characters that I want to see how it plays out - like I marked out a little hearing the names JACK and KATE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stapes View Post
    Haha don't you brag about playing XBox all day? Just saying...
    Scots I don't know why you're trying to shit on one of the few things that actually gets accomplished around here anymore. I get you have a history of fucking with Shaft but don't drag the whole contest down so the rest of us have to suffer if he decides it's not worth it anymore.

Thanks
    Cunt.

Thanks
    He does this shit all the time.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotsman View Post
    Legit had a nightmare last night that me and Brandos plane crashed on an island, and it was just me, Brando and a bunch of kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Hun View Post
    I'm gonna give Lost a try anyway - good chance as I watch more I'll get turned off.

It's funny because watching it last night I wonder how I could ever have been bored. Part of it might be that I've heard so much about the characters that I want to see how it plays out - like I marked out a little hearing the names JACK and KATE.
    Funny enough they end up being two of the worst characters on the show.

Thanks
    I don't know if Scots will get into The Wire or not. The crime wars in Baltimore seem like a reach for out of the country folks.

Fucking amazing show, however. Loved all the characters (What up, Bird?). Was sad to see it go away.

Sons was a decent show, but very short of the Shield or even Rescue Me on my FX list.

Boner is right about the "hooked factor" of the show. If it doesn't happen a few eps in, don't bother. You're just going to get pushed away in later seasons when they mess with all the weird time travel, destiny, etc. stuff.

+ Reply to Thread