+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 140 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: What TV Series Should I Go Through Now?

Thanks
    I would like to issue major major thanks to:

Taff, Big Jim, Osiris(Begrudingly cuz he's a cunt), PCC

Also additional thanks to:

Juices, Osiris(Both while gritting my teeth)

The former for The Shield, the latter for Sopranos(although I was gonna watch that eventually). It took me just over one year to watch the whole series of The Shield. I stopped watching it 3 or 4 times as to be honest, it was so good I didn't want it to end. During one of those breaks was when I watched every episode of The Sopranos. It actually took me two weeks to go from the 2nd last episode of The Shield to the last - simply because I couldn't bear it ending.

This was all from my original thread: What TV Series Should I Go Through Next?

Both shows were absolutely awesome. I'd say I enjoyed The Shield more, but really they are both different beasts and it's unfair to compare the two. Either way, both were AMAZING fucking shows.

And now, having finished The Shield tonight, I'm ready for something new.

I'm open for anything. Whatever you guys recommend, that's what I'll go for. I'm definitely leaning towards The Wire or Sons of Anarchy, but just like with The Shield - I'll put my complete trust in NPP.

So - WTF should I watch next?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stapes View Post
    Haha don't you brag about playing XBox all day? Just saying...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boner View Post
    Scots I don't know why you're trying to shit on one of the few things that actually gets accomplished around here anymore. I get you have a history of fucking with Shaft but don't drag the whole contest down so the rest of us have to suffer if he decides it's not worth it anymore.

Thanks
    Have you watched The Wire or Mad Men? If you're looking for a drama do those.
    NPP Fantasy Football Legend

Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have. Wait, wait. I worry that what you just heard was "Give me a lot of bacon and eggs." What I said was, "Give me all the bacon and eggs you have." Do you understand?

Quote Originally Posted by HeisenGuy View Post
    I hope Vince Mcmahon dies

Thanks
    Gonna guess you won't bother with Lost but gets my highest recommendation. So does The Wire, Med Men below those two.

Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have. Wait, wait. I worry that what you just heard was "Give me a lot of bacon and eggs." What I said was, "Give me all the bacon and eggs you have." Do you understand?

Thanks
    Osiris knows what's up.

Sons Of Anarchy isn't really all that great. Unless you really believe that there are good bikers out there.

The Wire is really good. I've also enjoyed Deadwood and Rome.

Thanks
    The Wire's just hard to describe or promote, something you just gotta watch.

It's more than just a police show, it's a life show.

manbooba is offline Willing to humiliate himself for the internet until his wife finds out
    Thanks
    Gonna guess you won't bother with Lost but gets my highest recommendation. So does The Wire, Med Men below those two.
    I thought he said that him and Janise are both tackling Lost awhile back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisses View Post
    I'm such a fucking bitch.
    Your 3-time 3-time 3-time NBA Champion Tipster Winner
    Your 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13 EPL Pick 'em Champion
    Your 2013 & 2015 Fantasy Baseball Champion

Thanks
    If you haven't seen it already, then I recommend Sports Night. Sports Night plays alright in bite sized pieces, but I found it really enjoyable as a solid chunk. You have to slog through the early ones with the laugh track, but they catch their stride before too overly long.

I can't think of much else. I don't watch a lot of TV. Did you see Spaced? I would guess so, but if not, it's another show that works best in a large chunk.
    Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your post.

Ormie is offline Since the 80's has been down with the ladies
    Thanks
    I'm partway thru Deadwood, enjoyable with lots o' cheap whore tits and vulgarity.

I'd recommend Veronica Mars along with Lost.
    VP of Team Remod Ormie 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by manbooba View Post
    Show me a recipe that calls for an 1/8th of a can of anything and I'll admit that I lost an arguement to Ormie.

Thanks
    The Wire or 24, you fucking poof.

Or Only Fools And Horses, if only to see the racism in "the nation's show" before it was unacceptable on TV.

Thanks
    I would recommend LOST only if you're ready to second guess everything you will ever think about the show at every second.
    Quote Originally Posted by NippleAppleCrap View Post
    me and shaft own a house boat on Lake Erie
    Posted via Mobile Device
    THE KING OF NPP

Thanks
    The Wire gets my vote.... might as well wait for this season of Lost to end so the series is over before you start hitting the dvds so you aren't waiting 8 months for the last season.
    PDC World Champion - Darts
    2012 NPP Bowling Tournament Champion
    Consolation Semi-Finalist in NPP Darts
    2008 IL's Most Sportsmanlike Poster
    2004 Broke the colour barrier on Scotsmanality.

Thanks
    BECKER is VASTLY UNDERRATED.
    The UNDISPUTED MAH-JONG SOLITAIRE CHAMP!!

Mikey is offline Only posts when on weekend pass from mental institution
    Thanks
    WATCH THE WIRE YOU BASTARD. You're just doing this to fuck with everyone every few months.

You can't really promote or even describe the Wire to make it interesting, you just have to watch it. The fact all of us that hate each other are saying to watch it should say something.

PS - I'm starting the Sopranos myself. Watched the first couple years ago and thought "bleh" but I'm giving it a second chance and I'm almost through the first season.
    Quote Originally Posted by WT's Dad View Post
    "Mikey's a little fucked up, Thomas."
    Quote Originally Posted by nateeasy View Post
    Thanks for choosing me for sex.
    Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WT View Post
    If you haven't seen it already, then I recommend Sports Night. Sports Night plays alright in bite sized pieces, but I found it really enjoyable as a solid chunk. You have to slog through the early ones with the laugh track, but they catch their stride before too overly long.
    All this talk and thinking about Sports Night makes me want to watch it again, and WT has it right on the money. Like Arrested Development, Sports Night is a good watch especially when you watch a bunch in a row

Quote Originally Posted by toptenguy View Post
    BECKER is VASTLY UNDERRATED.
    Early Becker is fantastic, but I lost interest a bit after Reggie left and that other lady took over the diner.

Thanks
    Deadwood like a motherfucker. LOVED, LOVED, LOVED that show. Seriously.

Plus it's only 3 seasons - so you'll be able to get through it relatively quickly.

Rrrr Rrrr Rrr

Thanks
    Deadwood next after The Wire.

You cocksucker motherfucker.

Thanks
    Alright, The Wire seems to be the general consensus so that's what I'll go with. Potentially Deadwood next, although I may try Sons of Anarchy(I used to "roll", as the cool kids say, with a lot of members of the Montreal based biker gang Rock Machine, so I do know a lot of good bikers).

TTG - Agree with you about Becker, but looking more for a serious show. For strictly comedy once I finish Mad About You I'm going with Arrested Development and Malcolm in the Middle.

Finally - Lost. You guys really think I'd like that show? Because it'd be really cool if I got into it - Janise fucking LOVES it - all time favourite show - I arrive home from the UK on the night that Lost returns, and she won't even pick me up at the airport even though I arrive home like an hour before it starts, just in case of traffic(and it's a 20 minute fucking drive!). And like she'd shit herself with joy if I got into it.

But I dunno. I did give it a try initially, and was bored within the first episode. And from what I understand a lot of fucked up shit happens on itt hat i dunno if I'd be into - but who knows. Basically if I watched Lost, how many episodes should I watch before I would know if I'm going to like the show or not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stapes View Post
    Haha don't you brag about playing XBox all day? Just saying...
    Scots I don't know why you're trying to shit on one of the few things that actually gets accomplished around here anymore. I get you have a history of fucking with Shaft but don't drag the whole contest down so the rest of us have to suffer if he decides it's not worth it anymore.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotsman View Post

Finally - Lost. You guys really think I'd like that show? Because it'd be really cool if I got into it - Janise fucking LOVES it - all time favourite show - I arrive home from the UK on the night that Lost returns, and she won't even pick me up at the airport even though I arrive home like an hour before it starts, just in case of traffic(and it's a 20 minute fucking drive!). And like she'd shit herself with joy if I got into it.

But I dunno. I did give it a try initially, and was bored within the first episode. And from what I understand a lot of fucked up shit happens on itt hat i dunno if I'd be into - but who knows. Basically if I watched Lost, how many episodes should I watch before I would know if I'm going to like the show or not?
    I'm with Janise. Unless there was a life or death situation somewhere I'm not getting bothered at all at 9 on Tuesday.

I don't know how long I'd say you'd have to watch it. At least half of season 1 if not all. But honestly by maybe 3 eps in (4 "hours" since the pilot is 2 parts) I was hooked and didn't slow down watching at all.

Thanks
    Scots, you'll have a new favorite faggot TV character in history. Yes, even better than Sean Hayes character in Will & Grace!

He's so fucking badass that even NBA players were quoted as saying they don't even care if he's care because he's such a fucking badass. And they have IQs of 50.

Omar in da house!~

Thanks
    I am so thankful that I have no clue what Mikey's last post means.

Rrrr Rrrr Rrr

+ Reply to Thread