Thread: American Revolution (split)

Thanks
    I DISAGREE

BY HIMSELF

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b View Post
    Perhaps today she'd say, 'let them eat fast food'
    San Dimas High School Football Rules!
    I DON’T THINK SHE REALLY FELL INTO A HOLE EVEN THOUGH THAT COULD HAPPEN. I THINK THE HOLES IN THE METAPHORE IN THE POEM ARE JUST HOLES OF DISPARE IN SOME ONES LIFE. I GUESS BESIDES THE TRENCHES IN PAINTBALL, I HAVE FALLEN INTO HOLES OF DISPARE IN AN EDUACTIONAL MATTER.

Thanks
    Updated, 3:55 p.m. | Laura Eldeiry, a spokeswoman for Radiohead, said that the band would not be playing a show at Zuccotti Park on Friday that had been announced by Occupy Wall Street’s organizers.

“It’s definitely not going to happen,” Ms. Eldeiry said. “It’s a false rumor.” She said that the band had nothing to do with the announcement and that a show “was never planned.”

At 3:30 p.m., Occupy Wall Street’s spokesman, Patrick Bruner, sent out a rueful e-mail blast: “I got hoaxed. Radiohead was never confirmed. Completely our fault. Apologies. The band were victims in this hoax as well.”

A while later, the band itself issued its first Twitter post on the matter. “We wish the best of luck to the protesters there,” @radiohead wrote, “but contrary to earlier rumours, we will not be appearing today at #occupywallstreet.”

Old post below:

The organizers of Occupy Wall Street set off a frenzy of excitement, confusion and conflicting speculation on Friday afternoon when they announced that Radiohead would play a “surprise” concert at 4 p.m. Friday at the protest headquarters in Zuccotti Park.

A spokeswoman for Radiohead, Laura Eldeiry, said in an e-mail, “We can officially say this is not happening.” But the meaning of “officially” in the slippery informational context of a protest movement was not immediately clear.

The prospect of such a show, in a three-quarter acre park in the midst of the dense financial district, raises serious questions about logistics and crowd control.

The head police spokesman, Paul J. Browne, did not immediately return a call seeking comment on the concert, the police’s plans to handle it, or whether permits have been requested.

The band has been in New York this week to play shows at Roseland Wednesday and Thursday.

The protesters, who have been marching for the past two weeks against corporate profits, bank bailouts and the growing income gap, have gained allies in recent days, including labor unions that have sent money and marchers.

Incidents of police officers, including a deputy inspector, using pepper spray and other harsh tactics against the protesters have helped raise the movement’s public profile.

But the arrival of Radiohead, a British band with a history of support for left-wing movements, offers an immediate spectacle and reflects the interest around world for the anti-Wall Street protests.

With a background of strong police response to the protesters, the “surprise” concert threatens to create chaos downtown –- a rock music trope, whether the band Rage Against the Machine playing in Los Angeles at the Democratic National Convention in 2000; a U2 rooftop concert in 1987 and the Beatles rooftop “Let It Be” London show, the mother of all impromptu concerts.
    LOL

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/20...show-downtown/

They were chanting if you are here for the band go home. Trolled hard. LOL

Thanks
    Love radiohead but loltrolled.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks

Thanks
    Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks
    Ummmmm

I'm heading up there tonight in my dress blues. So far, 15 of my fellow marine buddies are meeting me there, also in Uniform.

I want to send the following message to Wall St and Congress:

I didn't fight for Wall St. I fought for America. Now it's Congress' turn.

My true hope, though, is that we Veterans canact as first line of defense between the police and the protester. If they want to get to some protesters so they can mace them, they will have to get through the Fucking Marine Corps first. Let's see a cop mace abunch of decorated war vets.

I apologize now for typos and errors. Typing this on iPhone whilst heading to NYC. We can organize once we're there. That's what we do best. If you see someone in uniform, gather together.

A formation will be held tonight at 10PM.

We all took an oath to uphold, protect and defend the constitution of this country. That's what we will be doing.

Hope to see you there

Edit:

I'm no longer in active duty or in any way contractually indebted to the military. Nor are any of my friends that are joining me.

To the officers' of this thread: I'm aware of the potential, maybe inevitable trouble I can get in. So too are my friends.

I don't really care about the debate here, the upvotes, the downvotes or anything in here really. Mental masturbation is awesome and all. But fucking hell people get off reddit and do something about it. The decision is made. I just figured reddit to be a useful tool to get the attention of a good amount of veterans.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/politics/com...eddit_we_took/

Stixx is offline Sad shell of his former self. That says A LOT!!!
    Thanks
    Yeah, I can see that. Because if I had any sort of anything I gave a fuck about and wanted to try and seriously rally people toward my cause, the first place I'd think to go is fucking reddit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Commander
    I was betrayed! My troops lacked courage... it was not my fault!

Thanks
    The most shocking thing about this is nateasy appears to be my most reliable media source on the matter.
    B L O G

Thanks
    Nateasy...when news happens!

Rrrr Rrrr Rrr

Thanks
    This isn't news, it's people with too much time on their hands.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks

Thanks
    I realize this is holes usual idiotic wind-up reaction to anybody actually trying to change anything they perceive as an injustice, but at least come up with a good angle on it. People should go out and get a job? That's all you got?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks
    Have I mentioned that I enjoy Bugg's new activist mode.

And I don't get what they are protesting... or why they started now. What changed? They just noticed there are rich people?
    PDC World Champion - Darts
    2012 NPP Bowling Tournament Champion
    Consolation Semi-Finalist in NPP Darts
    2008 IL's Most Sportsmanlike Poster
    2004 Broke the colour barrier on Scotsmanality.

Thanks
    Their college years are over and they needed to fill that time with something else.
    Fuck you and your principles.

Your 2012 NPP NFL Survival Champion!!!

Thanks
    That's the problem morons; there are no jobs for these kids and there haven't been since 2009 (before that really). Remember the American Jobs Act or whatever the fuck it was called a couple weeks ago.

It's kinda what they're rallying for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotsman View Post
    Someone needs to page Stapes to this thread to slap Osiris down.
    Shanon's doppelganger

Thanks
    Shouldnt they be kinda happy. I mean they can get 5 houses for the price of 1 five years ago.

Thanks
    It's nateeasy being greeeeeeeen.

tootoot

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    I realize this is holes usual idiotic wind-up reaction to anybody actually trying to change anything they perceive as an injustice, but at least come up with a good angle on it. People should go out and get a job? That's all you got?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Civil rights leaders had set goals. Anti-war protestors had set goals. These lot are protesting because some people have better jobs than they do.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks
    I don't think that's why, but whatever you say.
    Quote Originally Posted by NippleAppleCrap View Post
    me and shaft own a house boat on Lake Erie
    Posted via Mobile Device
    THE KING OF NPP

Closed Thread