+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Thread: How Walking killed the Dead (split)

Thanks
    Dale got what was coming to him. Kinda scared now, carl's story seems to mimick his father's, so i'm assuming there are dire consequences coming for not killing the prisoner. The governor is coming!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks
    The lady and I wanted Carl to shoot the prisoner to try and prove he was a grown up now. Would've been better.
    NPP Fantasy Football Legend

Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have. Wait, wait. I worry that what you just heard was "Give me a lot of bacon and eggs." What I said was, "Give me all the bacon and eggs you have." Do you understand?

Quote Originally Posted by HeisenGuy View Post
    I hope Vince Mcmahon dies

Thanks
    This season started off horrible but things seem to be picking up now. I just want them to get off of that boring farm.

Totally agree on Russell having the Henry Gale / Linus vibe. Then again, most of this show has a Lost vibe so I can't fault them from going full on stealing now.
    Moustaches and sports.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Boner View Post
    The lady and I wanted Carl to shoot the prisoner to try and prove he was a grown up now. Would've been better.
    I don't think so. Carl is conflicted emotionally, and if the show goes the way of the comic there was some great foreshadowing last night.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PCC is offline Please don't ruin my internet experience like I ruin yours
    Thanks
    Dale was the moral compass of the group. He would white knight and it sometimes got annoying, but he seemed to be the only thing holding them back from slowing evolving into a raving gang of savages. Apparently the actor was a Darabont loyalist and asked to be written out of the show when he was fired as showrunner.

Russell is great. I'm doubting he's gonna be another Linus for a couple reasons. He's simply too young to be a leader - can you see him giving orders to those two guys that got shot at the bar? I do think he helped rape the farmer's daughters, and when he escapes next week he'll cause some shit - but you honestly can't blame him. These people have treated him like a hostile prisoner the entire time - why for a second would he trust them, or not go running back to his people that don't torture him?
    Reigning King of NPP Fantasy Sports:

2011, 2012 Fantasy Hockey Champion
    2011, 2012 Fantasy Basketball Champion

I'm backing PCC

Thanks
    his people are guilty of way worse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PCC is offline Please don't ruin my internet experience like I ruin yours
    Thanks
    Are they though? Is gangrape worse than torturing and executing a prisoner for a crime he might not commit? Or all the shit Shane's done?

In Russell's eyes, both groups do evil things to stay alive, only difference is one group doesn't stick knifes in his flesh wounds and guns to his head.
    Reigning King of NPP Fantasy Sports:

2011, 2012 Fantasy Hockey Champion
    2011, 2012 Fantasy Basketball Champion

I'm backing PCC

Thanks
    I don't see any scenario where gang rape is something you need to do to stay alive.

And shanon I'd like no spoilers in the thread, you're sort of hinting at things but if you're gonna say something from the comics just tag it.

Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have. Wait, wait. I worry that what you just heard was "Give me a lot of bacon and eggs." What I said was, "Give me all the bacon and eggs you have." Do you understand?

Thanks
    Yeah, not going to spoil shit. Just saying if you're capable of gangrape you're capable of doing about anything you want. There is no law, nothing to stop you but your own morals. With morals that low there is no limit to what you could do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks
    I figured Dale was not long for this world when they started giving most of his comic book monologues to Shane. Now, with Shane dying in a few weeks, looks like that "moral compass" tag will be assigned to Daryl (a new character for TV). I hate to say it, but I was kind of thinking the show would fall off a little when Darabont got canned, but I've really been digging the past few episodes.

Is the Randall storyline going to lead back to the Governor's people or will that just be a new thread next year?

Thanks
    Yeah pretty much. Shane should be dead by the end of the season The assumption is that they'll end up with the governor by the end of the season, he's definitely a main character next season

Gotta agree, the story;s picked up more since his departure. Definitely agree with the departure from the rigidity of the comic storyline, sometimes you need to go out of your way to show things that you could tell about in a comic or book in a couple of sentences.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks
    Comic Spoilers
    Really hope they don't blow their load to early with the governor. We hopefully still have Michonne plus Tyresse's group to absorb, as well as the exodus from the gated community and making the prison into a home.

Thanks
    Well, with killing Dale off now and not killing Shane off when they did in the comics, I'm guessing they have veered off the adaption path. This is more like an "Ultimate" universe story of Walking Dead. So they will probably have a way to introduce Michonne into the universe, but not in the same way as it was in the comics. Didn't they announce her as a character next season already?

I don't think you can have the Governor as a character and NOT have Michonne involved in the storyline. Also, I'd think the Gov. stuff wouldn't be just a one-season story and maybe they'd stretch it out a bit. It would be like what happened with Dexter after the Trinity killer season... the rest of the seasons just try to live up to that one.

manbooba is offline Willing to humiliate himself for the internet until his wife finds out
    Thanks
    All you god damned people with your spoilers, just taunting me and shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisses View Post
    I'm such a fucking bitch.
    Your 3-time 3-time 3-time NBA Champion Tipster Winner
    Your 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13 EPL Pick 'em Champion
    Your 2013 & 2015 Fantasy Baseball Champion

Thanks
    Jim dies next episode
    Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks
    I have no doubt in my mind that event A (Shane's death) is going to happen, I'm skeptical on how it is going to be handled. More than likely is that they wont have Carl kill Shane as I don't think AMC has the balls to show a kid mowing down a man. My line of thinking right now is that Shane will be killed by Rick, and then zombie Shane will get it by Carl

Thanks
    But what I really can't wait for is There is nothing useful in this text. I just want to see if booba will look A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A AA A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A AA A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A AA A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A SHANE DIES

Thanks
    What I really want to know is Are you gonna go my way?

Thanks
    Yeah, I'd be shocked if Carl killed Shane. Not on AMC. But then again, they did have Rick off a kiddie zombie, so who knows.

But someone will - guessing it will be Rick, since it's not like they're going to have T-Dawg do it. But his arc definitely has a season-finale cliffhanger appeal to it. Especially after this leaked: http://twitpic.com/8qupe7/full

They seem to be making Carl into "Serial Killer Carl" in the next few episodes with the creepy taunting zombies and the like. They need to bring those messed-up twins into the game somehow. That was a good plot device to move Carl's story along - as he killed the fucked-up twin.

AlanOB is offline The wealth of credible opinion on the internet
    Thanks
    This show is trying really hard to be a character driven show like Lost, but the early groundwork on character depth was never done, and so the self-contained episode we had a couple of weeks back with Rick and Shane's trip just feels hollow and pointless.

The show is very good at the action and horror scenes and when Dale got opened up, my stomach turned. But it would have been much better if I actually gave a shit about the character. And he was one of the least one-dimensional.

+ Reply to Thread