Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Old Forums---The Complete History

Thanks
    I've always liked Murphy. Facebook is always suggesting I friend him. That said, he is clearly a self-Googler.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks
    I missed out on Summer Shutdown, but I was one of the first to join IL. I rose to glory there. Also, I fondly remember me and booba destroying the boards with my quest to 1,000 posts. And of course who can forget my Off-Topic Thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by NippleAppleCrap View Post
    me and shaft own a house boat on Lake Erie
    Posted via Mobile Device
    THE KING OF NPP

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Boner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaft View Post
    I believe IL was in September/04 or something but not everyone was aware of it's existence until Octoberish when someone posted about it.

There was also this place:

http://uniranked.12.forumer.com/index.php

I think that was one of the two forums that popped up during SUMMER SHUTDOWN '05.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Mac
    Men, I have found a new member. He is a man among men, he has killed, and he will kill again.

Gents I bring you.......EL SKOOCHO!
    Is this the first board Skooch posted on?

I would ask Bugg, as he brought him around these parts. Don't know why I was so enamoured(hi PCC) with skoochie-poo. We seemed like a cute couple.

Thanks
    I really wish we had IL backups. I can't remember which picture hosting site has my photoshop of Simon Mac throwing pee on Maria.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks
    My legacy, *sniffle*.

That and exposing that Osiris cannot build a fire.

Thanks
    The whole Stixx/BLADE thing was on IL too, wasn't it? That was insane.

Thanks
    I always forget about the other strange foreigners we used to have here. Your renneys and welsh-jizzes and the like. I almost regret running them off.

Thanks
    IL was definitely fall 2004 because I remember posting on it when I spent 4 weeks in Nov/Dec stalking WT and going to Chiefs games. Vin was pretty cool back then, I used to chat with him on MSN quite a bit. I only really ever interacted with Murphy during the Yahoo Pool Tournament (an IL Success!~) so can't comment on him.

I do enjoy a stroll dwn memory lane though... Someone needs to track down Skilled Sam!
    This post is brought to you by EA Sports.

Thanks
    Welsh Gazz and his bag of wank.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks
    h00ver and Gazz had a strange relationship, I'm pretty sure they met up at some point.

Thanks
    One of my fave memories from Scotsmanality was the poster that everyone thought was awesome because he owned another poster quite badly and quite often. Then it turned out to be the same guy but with another account.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks
    Was skilled sam the guy with the weight? Because that guy was awesome.

Thanks
    Busted this one out fairly recently I think but it always deserves an airing...

Thanks
    :digit:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    One of my absolute favourite happening from the old boards was when cubs started writing incredibly long blog style stories about his time as a waiter. Then people started pointing that his behaviour as a waiter was incredibly shitty and how much of a dick he was and he made the thread unable to be commented on. Cubs was an absolutely legendary nutjob. Up there with Mikey.

Also never laughed harder than when Vin made Angryrob a mod and he proceeded to ban Murphy. Vin would get these strange gay crushes on certain posters.
    Does anyone remember the pants shitting story he posted when he went to dinner one time? The story was actually pretty good. However I saw the exact same story like 5-10 years later (I honestly couldn't tell you when...it seems like 6mons but could have been years it's flying by at this stage in my life). Anyways I always remembered that story and it had an unique anecdote about pulling your pants down, sitting, and going to the bathroom all in one motion that was lifted verbatim (in my memory, I'm sure the whole thing was but that sealed it). I guess given he posts on SA he could have reported it there and that's where I saw it but I doubt it.

Many thanks to Scots and shaft and everyone else thus far for their help. I will checkout the UR stuff when I'm home; I wasn't able to navigate to the threads unfortunately, hopefully that is just b/c I'm on my phone, I dunno.

I assume there are no IL archives? I remember there was a fight trying to get access to that stuff if memory serves. I think there might have been a 2 versions for them too. Maybe Murphy or Vin will be by at some point in my life to chime in. Shanon maybe you know anything?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kappa View Post
    I really wish we had IL backups. I can't remember which picture hosting site has my photoshop of Simon Mac throwing pee on Maria.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    All of the backup of IL(V2 or whatever) is part of the NPP Forums. I got the database from Vin and merged it with this.

Unfortunately that's only about 6-8 months prior to NPP beginning. This was when Vin did a donation run(and I believe both me and Osiris gave quite generous donations) for a new server and Vin took like 3 months to launch it and only did so because I was calling him out on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stapes View Post
    Haha don't you brag about playing XBox all day? Just saying...
    Scots I don't know why you're trying to shit on one of the few things that actually gets accomplished around here anymore. I get you have a history of fucking with Shaft but don't drag the whole contest down so the rest of us have to suffer if he decides it's not worth it anymore.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b View Post
    IL was definitely fall 2004 because I remember posting on it when I spent 4 weeks in Nov/Dec stalking WT and going to Chiefs games. Vin was pretty cool back then, I used to chat with him on MSN quite a bit. I only really ever interacted with Murphy during the Yahoo Pool Tournament (an IL Success!~) so can't comment on him.

I do enjoy a stroll dwn memory lane though... Someone needs to track down Skilled Sam!
    SAVERINO! I hear he actually fights under the name Alistair Overeem nowadays. Luke have you hear anything on him? I can imagine anyone else might.

Legendary pic btw, his pumping iron shots will never be forgotten.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotsman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kappa View Post
    Posted via Mobile Device
    All of the backup of IL(V2 or whatever) is part of the NPP Forums. I got the database from Vin and merged it with this.

Unfortunately that's only about 6-8 months prior to NPP beginning. This was when Vin did a donation run(and I believe both me and Osiris gave quite generous donations) for a new server and Vin took like 3 months to launch it and only did so because I was calling him out on it.
    That's awesome you got something. I assume the prior stuff is lost at this point to your knowledge?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks
    Yeah unfortunately, unless Murph or Vin have a backup from then, or could contact their webhost at that point and ask them if they still have a backup. Some of those webhosts are really lazy so it's possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stapes View Post
    Haha don't you brag about playing XBox all day? Just saying...
    Scots I don't know why you're trying to shit on one of the few things that actually gets accomplished around here anymore. I get you have a history of fucking with Shaft but don't drag the whole contest down so the rest of us have to suffer if he decides it's not worth it anymore.

Thanks
    some great stuff on that geek log...

http://www.nopantsprovided.com/histo...topic=&show=20

http://www.nopantsprovided.com/histo...howtopic=47149

http://www.nopantsprovided.com/histo...howtopic=54870

Just for the record I will turn 27 in March. So I'm older than all of you so far. I've been working as a CPI since my intern days through grad schools, that's why I seem to be a bit older. If my investigative abilities are correct I believes Osiris is 27. Which would make him the oldest on this board as far as I know. One more quick question. A few people I have mentioned on how I'll be a good poster for a week or two and then go back to shit. Can someone give me examples of good ones and bad ones, so that I may learn from my mistakes. I get the feeling the ones that I think are good are actually the bad ones.

Closed Thread