Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Old Forums---The Complete History

Thanks
    What is it exactly? Scots could you help if you remember.

I'm thinking there was at least one other major version of the old scots forums than the one represented here: http://www.nopantsprovided.com/histo...nality-forums/

This thread leads me to think I'm not completely off target: http://www.nopantsprovided.com/histo...howtopic=98219

I know we've had this before, but if an OG forum historian could fill me on the different boards from the beginning to now, it would be appreciated.

For example, I think I know there was a Scots V1 and V2 but what was the time periods for each. And which is represented above? I'm thinking 2 but then the thread I linked too implies a 3...so where are 3 and 1?

This is going 10 years back and I'm just curious but all info on forum history from chatterbox to now would be appreciated (including UR/IL versions). It's probably just me but I'm interested in that kind of stuff and fuck boys. It's been 10 years (I started posting in 02...probably later than January but the point remains); that's quite the while. Some of you have been here longer (and not so long). Through that lens please tell me what you know!

***Updates on Vin Morales, Don King Is Sex suicide or uk bad boi hoax, SteevBishop, J-K-, RoidRageReggie or any old internet friend would be cool too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotsman View Post
    Someone needs to page Stapes to this thread to slap Osiris down.
    Shanon's doppelganger

Thanks
    ***Update***

http://twitter.com/steevbishop

He's alive! For those who don't know, Steev was an early power on the forums. Historians liken him as an "early Bender" due their similar geek chic posting styles.
    Shanon's doppelganger

Thanks
    Colour me shocked that Stapes has finally admitted to being interested in fuck boys.

Thanks
    You live in Delaware man; it's color.
    Shanon's doppelganger

Thanks
    Tell me, what qualities do you look for in a fuck boy?

Thanks
    I'm guessing rolled in cocaine and with a pretty mouth.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks
    Forums History as I remember it:

- Late 2001: A forum on the Delphi boards. Didn't last long.
    - March 2002: ProBoards Forums. Didn't last long.
    - May 2002: Lots of comments on Scotsmanality articles and back and forth feuds so I created a chatterbox.
    - May/June 2002: Chatterbox(little chat box on side of site). Got so busy I created:
    - June/July 2002: Scotsmanality Forums using Geeklog Software. these ones.
    - September 2004: We moved to forums using the phpbb software. This was when I wasn't around anymore. I basically left the forums/Scotsmanality for awhile, and thats when Cubsfan and all that shit happened.
    - January 2005: Due to the aforementioned mess, I closed down the site. At this point the IL Forums and UR Forums were started I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stapes View Post
    Haha don't you brag about playing XBox all day? Just saying...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boner View Post
    Scots I don't know why you're trying to shit on one of the few things that actually gets accomplished around here anymore. I get you have a history of fucking with Shaft but don't drag the whole contest down so the rest of us have to suffer if he decides it's not worth it anymore.

Thanks
    October 2004: Nateeasy started as a joke account.

January 2012: Nateeasy still a joke account. But he plays a lot more videas now.

Thanks
    I think IL and UR started a month or two prior to the shutdown. Or maybe IL started prior and UR started at the time of the shutdown. I recall some posters going "exclusive" to one or the other.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kappa View Post
    I think IL and UR started a month or two prior to the shutdown. Or maybe IL started prior and UR started at the time of the shutdown. I recall some posters going "exclusive" to one or the other.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    I believe IL started prior to the shutdown, and everyone left except a select few(Cubs, Arkansas, maybe Mikey?). Cubs went nuts and deleted all the posts or something. Then when things were shutdown, those cunts started Universally Ranked. I wasn't around then at all unfortunately so I don't remember much.
    Scots I don't know why you're trying to shit on one of the few things that actually gets accomplished around here anymore. I get you have a history of fucking with Shaft but don't drag the whole contest down so the rest of us have to suffer if he decides it's not worth it anymore.

Thanks
    If we're doing "Where Are They Now" BTW - I dunno about Mikey, I think he was writing for an MMA site and the 411 Mod for MMA Forum? Or was it Insidepulse. One of them.

Cubsfan was on the SA Forums. I forget his username though, but Lou would post exclusive WWE scoops on here and Cubsfan reposted them on SA lol. I'd like to think Arkansas is face down in a ditch somewhere(but sadly, I know he's not).

Thanks
    Pretty sure Mikey is in prison. I have my sources.

Thanks
    I really wish the original Osiris was around to shed some light on all this.

Thanks
    I believe IL was in September/04 or something but not everyone was aware of it's existence until Octoberish when someone posted about it.

There was also this place:

http://uniranked.12.forumer.com/index.php

I think that was one of the two forums that popped up during SUMMER SHUTDOWN '05.

Thanks
    One of my absolute favourite happening from the old boards was when cubs started writing incredibly long blog style stories about his time as a waiter. Then people started pointing that his behaviour as a waiter was incredibly shitty and how much of a dick he was and he made the thread unable to be commented on. Cubs was an absolutely legendary nutjob. Up there with Mikey.

Also never laughed harder than when Vin made Angryrob a mod and he proceeded to ban Murphy. Vin would get these strange gay crushes on certain posters.

Thanks
    Like me! Vin and I were bros back in the day. He was always quick to shuffle me to a corner to make room for Murphy or Angry Rob or Some Guy or... wow, this list is getting sort of long. But I was always there when he decided they were crap a few weeks later.
    Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your post.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaft View Post
    I believe IL was in September/04 or something but not everyone was aware of it's existence until Octoberish when someone posted about it.

There was also this place:

http://uniranked.12.forumer.com/index.php

I think that was one of the two forums that popped up during SUMMER SHUTDOWN '05.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Mac
    Men, I have found a new member. He is a man among men, he has killed, and he will kill again.

Gents I bring you.......EL SKOOCHO!
    Is this the first board Skooch posted on?
    NPP Fantasy Football Legend

Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have. Wait, wait. I worry that what you just heard was "Give me a lot of bacon and eggs." What I said was, "Give me all the bacon and eggs you have." Do you understand?

Quote Originally Posted by HeisenGuy View Post
    I hope Vince Mcmahon dies

Thanks
    TOO BAD IT WASNT THE LAST
    tootoot

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaft View Post
    Yeah, IL was originally invite only/super secret. But everyone knew about it. UR was crazy with the super-secret forums. I was once offered super-secret status if I became EXCLUSIVE.

Now that someone has namedropped Murphy, I'm sure he'll comment soon when he searches for himself.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks
    I like Murphy! He's a self aggrandizing, semi-delusional, egotistical jerk. We don't have enough of those around here.
    Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your post.

Closed Thread