+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football Manager 2016 Pass-Around Game

Thanks
    I ran the Pirates into the ground in three seasons.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kappa For This Useful Post:

buckdiddy (02-19-2016)

Thanks
    July:

The game begins on July 1st. I'll mainly be looking through the squad, setting up the tactics, setting up training and looking at free transfers.

I meet with the chairman who doesn't set any specific philosphies for us to focus on which is nice.

The bookies set us as favourites to win the Championship at 5/1. Next is QPR and Middlesbrough both at 10/1.

The one free transfer I want is Adam Johnson. His agent says he isn't interested in playing in the Sky Bet Championship. Something about a "lack of youth leagues". It gives me the option to either make him an offer for big money or talk to him. If I talk to him I can offer him the captaincy or voice captaincy or shit like that. Not head of youth development unfortunately. He'd probably pay me just to play for us.

We struggle over a few things like wage demands - he wants 65,000 and I can only offer 41,000. He also wants 500,000 for winning the Championship and I can only offer 150,000. After thinking it's not going to happen - I bung his agent an extra 100k and suddenly it's all good. Gotta love it.

Anyway here's Julys updates:

Staff:

With a wealth of experience and solid mental attributes, I hire Joe Jordan as our assistant manager. We don't have many staff so I gut what I can and pick up anyone I can. Most notable is Glenn Hoddle as Director of Football with the backup job of faith healer. I also bring in Dwight Yorke as Head of Youth Development. He is also manager of the U21s & U18s.

Transfers:

I cancel Nick Powells loan as we were paying him 12k a month and he was injured for 5 months. Due to Adam Johnsons requirements especially when it comes to actual hard money - I can't sign him due to the transfer budgets being blocked for the first window.

I bring in the following players on loan:

Friendlies:

I have a specific rule for friendlies - I go with easier teams when possible, and I have a full first 11 on the bench. My main players start, and then at the 45 minute mark I do a full rotation. I put the friendles on super fast and don't pay attention to them - it's mostly about tactics cohesion. Anyway here were our results:

Hull 4-2 Hull U21s (Akpom 2, Elmohamady, Dawson)
    Hull 4-0 Matlby Main (Hernandez 3, Hayden)
    Winterton 0-4 Hull (Elmohamady 2, Maguire, Akpom)
    Hull 3-1 Kidderminister (Hernandez, Elmohamady, Aluko)
    North Ferriby 0-3 Hull (Elmohamady, Akpom, Traore)
    Hull 4-0 Knaresborough (Hernandez 2, Elmohamady, Traore)
    Hull 2-2 Leicester (Elmohamady, Akpom)

Elmohamady playing in the AMR role the star by far so far. Leicester one was disappointed as they scored in the 88th and 91st minute to tie it.

August:

We have a friendly cup vs Cagliari(and Dortmund vs Deportivo the other) on August 1st & 2nd. I'll play the "B" team on the 1st and the "A" team on the 2nd.

After that, our first game of the season is August 8th at home to Huddersfield in the Championship, and then August 11th at home to Northampton in the Capital One Cup.

I forgot how bloody time consuming this game could be - especially the first pre-season.

I'll play the first games tonight during Bellator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stapes View Post
    Haha don't you brag about playing XBox all day? Just saying...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boner View Post
    Scots I don't know why you're trying to shit on one of the few things that actually gets accomplished around here anymore. I get you have a history of fucking with Shaft but don't drag the whole contest down so the rest of us have to suffer if he decides it's not worth it anymore.

Thanks
    Glad that Elmohamady is playing well, looking for him to be a killer at AMR. Gallacher is like a young Peter Crouch, so thats good.
    You can all fuck off

Only kidding

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/HRHomer

Thanks
    I will not be playing Adam Johnson and to be honest I'm embarrassed by you signing him.
    Taffs super cool site!

The PSN username "Thisisacode_E" is NPP Poster "Kisses"

Thanks
    He only bought him because Ched Evans was unavailable.

Scots, you should sign Graham Rix to the coaching staff, might be able to help Johnson with his preferred moves.
    You can all fuck off

Only kidding

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/HRHomer

Thanks
    Good signing can't believe you cunts are slating him. Just a fucking game. Scots if you wanna sack these mugs off i'll forgive you for not letting your best mate join in.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotsman View Post
    Due to Adam Johnsons requirements especially when it comes to actual hard money - I can't sign him due to the transfer budgets being blocked for the first window.
    All three of you are absolute mongs. Especially you Hun. ffs.
    Scots I don't know why you're trying to shit on one of the few things that actually gets accomplished around here anymore. I get you have a history of fucking with Shaft but don't drag the whole contest down so the rest of us have to suffer if he decides it's not worth it anymore.

Thanks
    Glad I didn't get invited to your gay as fuck threesome

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    All three of you are absolute mongs. Especially you Hun. ffs.
    Oh I thought that meant he was coming in Jan
    Taffs super cool site!

Thanks
    August:

Our "B" Squad drew 2-2 with Cagliari in the semi-finals of the friendly cup. We were 2-0 down and our striker got an injury. Brought on Abel Hernandez and he scored twice to tie it up and we won on penalties.

Faced Dortmund in the final with our "A" Squad. Lost 4-3 lol. Goals from Hernandez, Aluko and Davies.

Stuck with the same captains - Michael Dawson captain, Curtis Davies vice. No point upsetting things early. High bonus for league, low for cups.

First Game - Hull vs Huddersfield.

Here's our squad:

I based a lot of it on the appearances during the friendlies. For example the DR/WBR position. Odubajo played there 8 games and didn't really do much with a 6.64 rating. Ryan Taylor meanwhile played the same amount of games but got 2 assists, higher passing, tackling, dribbling and a 6.86 rating so only fair I give him the nod.

Abel Hernandez is suspended for the first 3 games of the season so Aluko is up front. He might have been in the AML position but now Traore has a chance to prove himself there while Akpom is on the bench battling for both positions.

25:00: We've had 2 shots off target to their 4 on target. They've also had 59% possession. Aluko had the only clear cut chance of the game rushing past the defenders but not being able to get it in. With his pace etc and the fact that they are trying to dominate the game I'm going to switch to counter attacking, set Aluko as a poacher and instruct my wingers/midfielders to high closing down to hopefully bring on said counter attack. I ask for more direct passing too and ask the midfielders to bring the wingbacks into the game more.

40:00: Both teams have had a couple of great chances. They had a shot that our keeper bounced off the bar and collected, and then we had a great Ryan Taylor ball from out wide that almost curled into the top corner. They are still dominating possession.

42:00 Our high pressure in midfield causes Meyler to win the ball just a little bit over the halfway line. Meyler immediately sends out wide to Ryan Taylor who is running in. he passes to Elmohamady who turns quickly, and crosses it to the far post. Traores volley is bounced off the post, but their goalkeeper can't hold it and the goal poaching Sone Aluko slots it home. 1-0 Hull.

Half-Time: The team are looking motivated. As we are set up for counter attacking right now anyway I decide to leave it at that. I tell the boys I'm happy with their performance so far and to keep it up.

54:00 Ryan Taylors fitness drops to about 70%. He then starts reaching in for tackles and gets booked. I sub him for Moses Odubajo. With his extra fitness out there I encourage Odubajo to get forward more - and push him into the wing back slot as we seek a 2nd goal. I drop Elmohamady back to the midfield line as a winger in support which is his favoured role.

61:00 The very next highlight it almost works out. Odubajo goes charging up the field behind the defense and sends a great ball in that Aluko heads just wide.

70:00: Diame's fitness drops to 70%. I sub him for Jake Livermore and with 20 minutes left set him as a box to box midfielder.

85:00 Huddersfield are getting desperate, firing shots in from anywhere. This is where I get real nervous. Part of me wants to switch to contain and time wasting - but then that allows them time to tee up the shots. Will stick with countering.

86:00: With so much focus on the right side of the pitch - it leaves some space on the left. Huddlestone sends a good ball down there and Traore picks it up, crosses it in and Sone Aluko is there to head it home and make it 2-0.

93:00: We almost score a 3rd goal on a beautiful counter attack which releases Livermore. He just slipped it wide on an easy one on one situation.

Final Score: Hull 2-0 Huddersfield (Aluko 2)

Thanks
    Nice. Can you post the stats for the match and the breakdown of ratings for our side (pass completion etc), interested to see how we do early on
    Taffs super cool site!

Thanks
    Both here:

http://imgur.com/a/nyOcy

Let me know if anything stands out

Thanks
    One thing that stood out for me is the central defenders with a fair amount of misplaced passes. I checked the ProZone and it was generally long passes so going to ask them to do shorter passes as none of their passes were key anyway

Thanks
    Hull vs Northampton:

This is the Capital One Cup. Northampton are in Sky Bet League 2.

Changes:

- Odubajo in for Davies at right back.
    - Clucas in for Robertson at left back.
    - Fulton in for Diame in the central playmaker role.
    - Livermore in for Meyler in the BWM role.
    - Aarons in for Elmohamady on the right wing.
    - Akpom in for Traore on the left wing.

Tactics wise the most notable is setting Aluko as a false nine, then Aarons and Akpom as inside forwards.

13:00: Tons of pressure and great chances on our end but no goals yet. We've had 7 shots with 4 on target.

Half Time: Still 0-0. We have had a lot of solid chances but just not got the break through. I decided to stay as Control for the first half and not get too antsy. I want to take over this game however so switched to Attacking, and moved the wing backs up a slot for added pressure. Also asked the midfielders to look for overlap with the wing backs racing up the field now.

67:00: A free kick from Tom Huddlestone is crossed into the box and Akpom gets the header and it's 1-0 to Hull.

75:00: I bring off Tom Huddlestone and bring on Shaun Maloney. I put him in the AMC role as Trequistara for additional pressure. Elmohamady comes in for Aarons who has picked up an injury.

90:00 A great run by Maloney who is wide open into the box, and he unselfishly centers it for Elmohamady. He slots it home, 2-0.

Full Time: A 2-0 win, and Jay Fulton was man of the match. It could have been a lot more and we had 27 shots with 12 on target. Can't complain.

Stats: http://imgur.com/a/dv2Jz

Thanks
    Both here:

http://imgur.com/a/nyOcy

Let me know if anything stands out
    Ryan Taylors heading in that game is pretty interesting
    Taffs super cool site!

Thanks
    August 15th: Wolves vs Hull:

A big game here and our first away game of the season. Glenn Hoddle is quick to message me before the game and warn me that we shouldn't be exploiting the flanks as he doesn't expect to see much width in the Wolves defense. He also suggests we play tighter, get stuck in and play at a high tempo.

I decide to trust Glenn. If it causes me a loss so be it - he's not saying all this for shits and giggles.

I drop Elmohamady back to the midfield position and set him as a winger. As this may be a battle of the center I also set both wing backs to inverted wing backs.

[b]3:00{/b] A great 25 yarder by Diame is parried away by Ikeme. Elmohamady is right there to make it 0-1 Hull.

12:00: A great cross from Robertson to Elmohamady sees Elmo brought down inside the box. The ref blows for a penalty. I realize I have not set penalty takers yet oops. Ryan Taylor steps up and 0-2 Hull.

At this point we have had 58% possession, and 6 shots to their 1.

29:00: Sone Aluko is injured and goes off with a bruised head. The 6"4 Sam Gallagher comes on in his place for his first game of the season. I be sure to tell the youngster there is no pressure on him today. We switch roles from False Nine for Aluko to Target Man for Gallagher.

Half Time: I tell the team I'm happy and to keep it going.

51:00: Wolves with their 2nd corner attempt in a row get a near post header and it goes in. 1-2.

62:00: Michael Dawson is getting tired and I sub him for Curtis Davies. Not a fan of central defending substitutions but everyone else is 75% or above and he dropped dramatically to 65%.

71:00: We have an absolutely beautiful dynamic counter attack which results in a Traore shot that the keeper just parries. Unfortunately Wolves then get the ball and charge up the field on their own counter attack. 2 defenders go to close down Sigurdson and leave Coady wide open and it's 2-2.

84:00: Elmo skins 2 players and send in an amazing cross. Traore volleys it and their keeper fulls off an incredible reflex save. I pull off Huddlestone for Fulton and ask him to push up.

Full Time: A 2-2 draw in a game that we for the most part dominated. 56% possession, 16 shots to their 7. We were generally just unlucky as we got a huge 2-0 lead but couldn't protect it.

Very happy to be honest that I made the changes Hoddle suggested for this game. Would have liked to have got the win but before the game I'd have taken the draw so I'm fine with it.

Stats: http://imgur.com/a/CqqM0

Thanks
    August 19th: Hull vs Fulham

Glenn Hoddle comes to me to tell me yet again we shouldn't exploit the flanks etc.

Sone Aluko is injured but Abel Hernandez has sat out his suspension and will return for this game.

I think a bit about Glenn Hoddles advice, and I decide to switch things up a bit. I've played 3 games and I feel like I know the team a lot better just based on that.

For example - Elmo. Absolutely killing it in the AMR role - I want this dude to be a lot more involved in the team. Andrew Robertson is also one of our best players and I want him to focus on the left - allowing the AML there to get more involved up front.

I'd also been playing with a DMC but I make the changes and this is my modified tactic:

I feel a little bit exposed down the left side there but we'll see how it goes. Taylor is more in a full back supportive role now which will help us get the best out of Elmo. I also saw Diame do some insane runs in the last game so will try him in box to box role.

Let's get to it. The pundits are predicting a tight 1-0 victory for us.

16:00: Our left side link up well. Robertson and Akpom pass the ball back and forth, and then Robertson sends a beautiful curling ball to the far post and Elmo makes it 1-0.

34:00: Despite being 1-0 down Fulham aren't really pushing forward they're letting us dictate the game still, so I'll switch to attacking for the rest of the half.

43:00: A great cross from the left by Akpom finds Elmo, and we all know how that ends up. 2-0.

Half-Time: I switch back to Control - Fulham seem down and I think there are more goals to be had. They are picking up bookings and maybe we can entice them to get a sending off.

70:00: We've had a lot of solid chances and Elmo has been close to getting a hat trick. However he becomes the architect - releasing Taylor down the right for a rare run now he is in the support role. Taylor sends a beautiful cross over and HERNANDEZ volleys it home. 3-0.

84:00: Taylor and Elmo team up on the right side, and Taylor crosses it and Hernandez gets on the end of it with an OVERHEAD KICK. Beauty.

I switch to defensive after this to run the game out.

Full Time: A dominating 4-0 win and I'm happy my changes seemed to really impact things.

Elmo won man of the match with a very solid performance with a wicked 10 dribbles. Taylor played solid supporting him and I'm happy that I made changes to the flanks and that's where the goals came from.

Diame in his BBM role was rather quiet and actually had the worst avr of the game at 6.7. Everyone else was 8-9.

Thanks
    Glad you're having fun with my boy Abel Hernandez, La Joya. Enjoy mate. I haven't played 2016 yet, played 2015 up til' recently, awesome game.

Thanks
    August 22nd: Charlton vs Hull

Aluko failed his fitness test and will not be playing. I also opt to give the players a rest before the match as well as after for the next little while because really the fixture congestion in the Championship can be brutal. It seems to have worked as everyone in the first team squad is coming into this with maximum match sharpness.

Was going to go counter but they're playing with 2 DMCs so going to start with standard and see how it's going - if they set up defensively or whatever.

9:00 The first highlight of the match sees Meyler release Robertson down the left. He centers it and Hernandez scores to make it 1-0.

20:00: Charlon starting to get into the match more and getting some shots and possession. Switching to counter for a bit with more closing down to see if we can take advantage of that.

39:00: A Charlton corner and we fail to clear it and Reza slips in and makes it 1-1.

Half-Time: A rather lacklustre performance from us with a lack of shots on target. I switch to attacking and ask us to get a bit wider see if we can get those DMCs out of the way.

62:00: David Meyler picks up his 2nd yellow card and is sent off, leaving us with 10 men. I keep it with 2 people in central midfield and then focus on exploiting the flanks etc. The central midfielders can hang back. I take Akpom of for Maloney for some pace hopefully, and Jay Fulton on for Huddlestone who has been booked.

66:00: Shaun Maloney almost makes an instant impact with a great shot just saved by the keeper off a throw-in.

88:00: ELMO GOES OFF INJURED. POTENTIAL FOOT INJURY. Glad I kept that last sub. Odubajo is on for him.

93:00: SHAUN MALONEY gets caught offside and that's the last play of the game. 1-1. Game was there for the taking but we just couldn't get the shots on target and being put down to 10 men didn't help. Little bonus was David Meyer "Looking very nervous" in the back. I take him aside to say he was unlucky to get sent off.

Elmo out 3-4 weeks.

Thanks
    August 25th: Carling Cup 2nd round. Hull vs Cambridge.

I keep the same formation except with Elmo out I move Odubajo up to the AMR position. I make the following changes:

- Odubajo in for Elmo.
    - Fulton in for Huddlestone.
    - Livemore in for Meyler.
    - Traore in for Akpom.

Would like a good start to this match so I can maybe sub Hernandez and Robertson and give Aluko a run out.

8:00: Hernandez and Odubajo work together on the right and Hernandez sends a cross which Traore heads in. 1-0 Hull.

17:00: A free kick and Taylor sends it out wide to Odubajo who crosses it and Traore gets his 2nd of the game! 2-0.

29:00: Odubajo down the right beats a man, sends it in and Traore this time passes it back to Hernandez who slides it home. 3-0.

31:00: Maguire sends a long ball in. Huddlestone heads it down to Hernandez who is open and gets his 2nd goal. 4-0.

Half Time: I take off Hernandez for Sam Gallagher and Robertson for Clucas.

47:00: That complacency sets in and Cambridge get a counter attack and a goal to make it 4-1. I switch to control at this point.

48:00: Ryan Taylor takes a free kick from 25 yards and buries it in the top corner. 5-1.

Full Time: A solid performance.

+ Reply to Thread