Thread: The Football Manager 2016 Pass-Around Game

Thanks
    You didn't post the pic of your tactic.

I'll read the rest in a bit
    Taffs super cool site!

The PSN username "Thisisacode_E" is NPP Poster "Kisses"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stapes View Post
    Haha don't you brag about playing XBox all day? Just saying...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boner View Post
    Scots I don't know why you're trying to shit on one of the few things that actually gets accomplished around here anymore. I get you have a history of fucking with Shaft but don't drag the whole contest down so the rest of us have to suffer if he decides it's not worth it anymore.

Thanks
    Fulham Stats: http://imgur.com/a/Lgc0j
    Charlton Stats: http://imgur.com/a/t5MlI
    Cambridge Stats: http://imgur.com/a/x1scH
    Scots I don't know why you're trying to shit on one of the few things that actually gets accomplished around here anymore. I get you have a history of fucking with Shaft but don't drag the whole contest down so the rest of us have to suffer if he decides it's not worth it anymore.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotsman View Post
    Taff dislikes this
    Taffs super cool site!

Thanks
    Away to Bournemouth in 3rd round of Capital Cup. September 22nd so my game.

Thanks
    August 29th: Hull vs Preston

Going with a control mentality and 3 central playmakers.

10:00: A goalmouth scramble following a corner sees Odubajo hit the bar.

15:00: A great attack sees the keeper just tip it wide. From the resulting corner Diame has a great chance but puts it wide.

21:00: We've had 7 shots and are dominant at the moment.

Half Time: A lot of the team seem nervous I calmly tell them to keep playing the way they are and the result will come. I tell them to play at a slower tempo and work the ball into the box. I have faith in these guys.

We almost score right from half time when we string a few passes together and Hernandez heads it to the top corner but the keeper saves it. We then have another couple of great chances following the corner but can't put it away.

50:00: Some well worked play down the right and then the ball comes into the box and PENALTY as Hernandez is brought down. He takes the spot kick and GOAL. 1-0.

I decide to stick with control as 12 shots and just 1 for them - hopefully now ball is in the net it will continue.

55:00: Odubajo goes on a run and Kilkenny brings him down. Ref has no hesitation - RED CARD. Preston are down to 10 men. They switch to a 3-3-3 with no strikers or anyone up high. I instruct the team to push up to deliver the killer blow.

81:00: I do 3 substitutions. Maguire off for Davies, Diame off for Livermore and Akpom on for Aluko.

82:00: A cross from Odubajo to Hernandez and they try to intercept. It results in an own goal. 2-0.

84:00: A great ball from Huddlestone down the left to release Robertson who volleys it into the box and Hernandez taps it home. Beautiful goal. 3-0

Full Time: A super easy victory for us I have to say. We kept things calm at half time as I knew if we kept it up we'd get the win - and that we did. Little bit concerned that post match a few players were looking complacement.

Andrew Robertson won man of the match which makes me happy as the tactic changes I made were to accomodate him.

This result puts us 2nd. International break now. It's back on September 12th and I've got 5 matches left before handing the reigns over to Taff. I'll wrap that up today.

Preston Stats: http://imgur.com/a/9nvg8

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    Taff dislikes this
    You know what, mate, keep with the spirit of the fucking pass-around game, aye. He's fucking winning, so shut the fuck up.

Offer still stands, Scots.

Thanks
    We'll talk it over next week at Taffs wedding. I'm planning on bringing my laptop so if the wedding is a bore I can get some FM in lol

Thanks
    Andrew Robertson won young player of the month.

We came 2nd in manager of the month. It was won by Sean Dyche at Burnley who is currently top.

Abel Hernandez won goal of the month with his overhead kick. Here it is:

Thanks
    September 12th - Brighton vs Hull:

Concerned about complacency, I tell the team to ignore the praise in the media and just play their natural game.

Elmo passed a fitness test and I slot him on the bench. Will only bring him on if needed.

34:00: I changed to attacking after 20 minutes from Control because Brighton were playing vary cautiously. In the 34th minute a throw-in to Hernandez. He passes it to Huddlestone and he fires it to the far post. Aluko loses his marker and has a nice easy finish. 0-1 Hull.

Half Time: I switch to counter as I expect Brighton will be read the riot act at half time and come out firing. I tell the team to not get complacent and they gain focus/get motivated. Andrew Robertson has a booking and is low on fitness so I sub him for Traore. Sadly I literally just took our backup WBL out of the squad before this game. Regretting that now.

46:00: Realized I could have moved Taylor to the left and brought Elmo on. Oops. May make that change around the 60 minute mark and give Elmo some game time.

57:00: As expected, Brighton came out firing on all cylinders but we have weathered the storm and Aluko had a solid counter attack. I bring on Elmo for Odubajo, move Traore to WBL, Elmo to WBR and Taylor to FBL.

62:00: Hernandez releases the maurauding Elmo who hits a great shot that the keeper just parries wide. I missed you Elmo. I can tickle you anytime.

75:00: Diame is exhaused so I bring him off for Meyler. Good to have a ball winner in midfield as their MC Sidwell has been having a few solid long shots.

89:00: Brighton get a corner and there is a goalmouth scramble and they fucking get it in to stop us from our first away victory. 1-1.

Full Time: A disappointing result considering we played well and Brighton didn't really have much going in the 2nd half.

Stats: http://imgur.com/a/AHm2l

Thanks
    After the last game I ran a Twitch stream that Homer and Taff watched. I won't bother doing reports but here were the results:

Cardiff 0-0 Hull
    Hull 3-1 QPR (Hernandez 2, Elmo)
    Bournemouth 4-3 Hull (Aluko 2, Hernandez)
    Hull 3-2 Blackburn (Huddlestone 2, Maguire)

The Bournemouth game was particularly frustrating. Hoddle told me to go defensive so I did and they dominated and went up 2-0. I switched and we got to 2-2 and I pushed the team before HT and we got that 3rd goal.

Sadly they came back and won 4-3.

Sent it to Taff after Blackburn game a few days early to give him extra time for training etc.

Thanks
    Who have been your star players? Who has been worst? Anyone doing much better/worse than you expected?
    You can all fuck off

Only kidding

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/HRHomer

Thanks
    Ooooh - I like the idea of giving a wee summary, and thoughts on the squad afterwards. Alrighty:

- One thing to quickly note is Taff might want to work on set pieces. I didn't really focus on that too much just a few changes and most of our goals were conceded due to corners.

- Elmo was the biggest surprise. He looked solid in his attributes but his form was unreal and he was easily the best player on the pitch most of the time.

- Abel Hernandez also surprised me mainly because it's rare to see a striker score a lot in FM.

- Ryan Taylor also surprised me. He stepped up during the friendlies to get that full back position and did an incredible job for us.

- Our central midfield don't get the credit they deserve. Look at the stats for every game and you'll see a ton of passes and key passes and dribbles by them. Real hard working guys.

No-one worse than expected. Everyone has been amazing thus far.

Thanks
    So I'm in as manager and my first thing I do is go and check who the Dundee United manager is, and prepare to insult him, and... what the fuck. I cant do that anymore.

Worst game ever.

So, knowing I dont want Homer to reconsider his stance on nonces, I go to Adam Johnson and offer him a shit contract till he gets pissed off and refuses to speak to us again, and then I do this.

Alex Bruce is pissed off he isnt playing enough. I ask our captain Michael Dawson to have a word, but he says that he finds Bruce difficult to talk to. Probably because Alex Bruce plays in the same position and so for Bruce to play I would have to drop Dawson. I have a word and it doesnt go well. Alex Bruce wants to leave

Sean Maloney does the same thing, but when I tell him assertively he is only getting bench time he accepts that.

Time for my first match, against Forest.

3rd October 2015 - Forest vs Hull

Takes just a minute for the new manager to make an impact, with a goal in 36 seconds for Hernandez

The start is crazy tho,. the first ten minutes probably lasts ten minutes in real time as its constant highlights, and unfortunately contains another two goals both for Forest from Oliviera and an own goal for Dawson. But we're back in the game on 21 minutes, Sone Aluko evades a defender and shoots from outside the box, the keeper parries it but Aluko has carried on running and slots in the rebound. The first half is crazy with 23 shots. Huddleston for me is looking real impressive.

The second half starts and again it takes a minute to score - but this time for Forest. A cross comes in and the keeper comes out but Oliviera is there way before him and smashes it in. Awful from the keeper. Thanfully we get an equaliser, Hernandez slotting in after a nice through ball.

As the game carries on Forest start to dominate and so a couple of tactical adjustments helped kill the game

Forest 3-3 Hull

We get a couple of complaints about not playing our loanees enough.

17th October 2015 - Sheff Wed (5th) vs Hull (3rd)

Couple of changes, Odubajo and Diame into the team.

It seems we like an early goal, just two minutes in a deep cross finds Hooper and he heads in to give Wednesday the lead. 5 mins later and we are 2 behind, another cross from deep is headed in.

We start to push back and good work from Hernandez puts Diame in but he shoots wide. On 16 mins a nice work from Aluko on the left and its crossed in and a Wednesday defender heads in his own net. All our attacks are coming from the left and its Aluko again getting the assist crossing in for Hernandez. Its the Aluko show, and he attacks again and gets through before hitting over. Just as we are getting back in the game tho Lopes takes a punt from range and it flies past out keeper

At the half its even on the stats but Wednesday have the lead.

The second half is a pretty even affair and a quiet one too. With 15 mins to go I make a couple of changes throwing on another striker and going to a 442. With just two minutes left we equalise, and its that man Aluko with the goal. While we are celebrating tho Wednesday kick off and Lopes takes another punt from range, its defelected into the path of their striker who smashes in.

FUCK

Sheff Wednesday 4-3 Hull

Right, we need a win here. I've stubbornly not been playing Alan McGregor simply because whenever we play this Homer always seems to sign Scottish players, so I wanted to establish out other keeper as the number one.

20th October Hull vs Ipswich

Well, we last the first minute without a goal. Thats a first for me.

Unfortunately they score in the 39th then again in the 92nd.

FUCKS SAKE

Hull 0-2 Ipswich

We had more shots (13-9) Im raging

I think Im changing the formation. I'm gonna put an extra man up top. I cant be worse than Homer
    Taffs super cool site!

Thanks
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by NippleAppleCrap View Post
    me and shaft own a house boat on Lake Erie
    Posted via Mobile Device
    THE KING OF NPP

Thanks
    Would like to point out I was unbeaten in the league.

(Posted from my Galaxy S4)

Thanks
    October 24th 2015 - Hull vs Birmingham

So they are 24th, rock bottom of the league. We have to win. I'm playing two strikers.

Midway into a quiet half my assistant tells me we're being overrun in midfield. Thats my fault for swapping a midfielder for a striker. Of course, they then score to take the lead.

Thankfully our team has a couple of good players, and a neat move from Aluko, Elmohamady and Akpom ends with him tappping into the net.

5 minutes into the second half and we take the lead, a cross from the right being headed in by Hernandez. And of course a minute later they equalise. FOR FUCKS SAKE.

We fluff a couple of good chances, then Birmingham do the same. A couple of subs later and Sean Maloney fluffs a good chance, then they head over in the dying seconds. With just seconds left we get a corner, maloney crosses, the ball is headed back to him, he crosses again and Sam Gallagher heads in to win the game for us!

Except hes offside.

Hull 2-2 Birmingham

Interesting news

October 30th - MK Dons vs Hull

Aluko looks in the mood, and gets two good chances for himself. Maloney picks up an injury on a rare start so comes off for Elmohamady. He makes an instant impact, surrounded by three players he escapes and plays a ball across field, then gets on the end of the cross but heads over. Not long after tho one of my changes makes a difference - I'd asked to cross from deeper as Hernandez seems to get on the end of a lot, and a deep cross from the left sees Elmohamady head in. crossing is a definate strength, and shortly after its 2-0, this time a cross from the left and out other winger Aluko knocking in.

Minute into the second half and Elmohamady bursts past his marker, crosses and theres Livermore. 3-0. Just a minute after that tho and a long ball sees MK steal a goal.

MK Dons start to pressure and have plenty of shots but nothing dangerous. I bring Snodgrass on for his first appearance with 10 minutes to go. Hernandez spurs another chance, hitting the post then having a rebound saved. But we hold on.

MK Dons 1-3 Hull

Maloney is out for 4-5 weeks

Next up are Brentford in 20th

3rd November 2015 - Brentford vs Hull

Elmohamady starts in place of the injured Maloney. Snodgrass still not fit.

5 mins in and a ball is sent through to Elmohamady but he's tripped and we get a pen! Hernandez smashes it in.

Its a pretty quiet match, Henandez is seeing a lot of the ball but getting out crowded. A deep cross is aimed to him but the defender gets there first and knocks it in his own net. Obudajo is having a good game at right back, and he creates another goal, crossing for Aluko to score.

Onto the second half and I slow down the pace and increase time wasting, but we get a 4th when Aluko flights a free kick in and Hernandez gets another. with 10 minutes to go I setip a few subs, and as I'm doing that another cross sees Hernandez grab his hat trick!

Sticking the early cross on seems to have made a big difference - we seem to be scoring a bunch from crosses. A great win.

Brentford 0-5 Hulll

Great games from Elmohamady, Aluko and Hernandez (17 goals in 15 games!) but youI have to mention Odubajo at right back.

Alex Bruce comes and moans again. He's been dropped from the Northern Ireland squad so is unhappy.

Next up is a real biggie - vs the league leaders Boro.

7th November 2015 - Hull vs Boro

Boro are 9 points ahead of second place, 14 in front of us, and havent lost this season - winning 13 and drawing 2. Before the match our assistant says he thinks we shouldnt attack from the wings. Is he mad?

Our first chance comes 20 minutes in and a deep cross is nodded in by Hernandez but he's offside.Boro push back and a couple of strikes from range are saved well. We take the lead through suprise suprise - a cross goal. Aluko does well and plays in Robertson who crosses for Elmohamady to score. We take a lead into the second half. Theres only been 7 shots, with Boro having one more than us.

A couple of chances for both sides, with Elmohamady and Livermore both having shots well saved. Snodgrass comes on as I look for him to get a start soon, and Diame comes on to settle things in midfield. Boro are pushing, but we hold with McGregor making a great save from what looked a certain goal. And we have done it!

Hull 1-0 Boro

First team to beat Boro this season.

Season back on track
    Taffs super cool site!

Thanks
    I'll be honest I stopped reading after that takeover image to post Omg Omg Omg

(Posted from my Galaxy S4)

Thanks

:glint:

:hrhomer:
    Taffs super cool site!

Thanks

Taffs super cool site!

+ Reply to Thread