+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football Manager 2016 Pass-Around Game

Thanks
    In 2009, myself, Taff and HRHomer did a pass around game of Football Manager 2009. You can see the original thread here.

We each took turns managing the club for 3 months - that club being Newcastle. There was fun, and there was drama. The highlight of it all was Homer all excited about Xisco who he described as the "best striker on the books". Taff sold him for 6-7 million pounds before passing the game off to Homer. Homer got to play him in one game where he scored a double and then he was off. Much laughs were to be had.

It was a great game but after a few seasons it dwindled out. I believe HRHomer first dropped out and then me and Taff tried to keep it going but lost our enthusiasm. We never tried a pass-around game again.

Well many years later - Football Manager 2016 is out and all 3 of us are having problems getting into the game. We just can't get a game going and sticking with it so I suggested the idea of a pass-around game again - and both Taff and Homer were up for it.

Recreating the story from last year - we're yet again going a recently relegated team in the Championship.

Hull City.

In real life, Hull City are currently top of the Championship actually and will at least make the playoffs most likely. I've downloaded the transfer update from SortItOutSI.net to update after the Winter transfer window in the UK.

Now since the last game - one new thing in FM over the last few years is the ability to have multiple tactics. Even better - you can have 3 tactics being trained at the same time. As tactic cohesion etc is important in Football Manager, it means the 3 of us will pick a tactic before the game begins and those three will be trained throughout. We can make adjustments to our own tactic but that's it.

I've set up the game and sent the save file to Taff and HRHomer. They will create their tactics and send it back to me and I'll then start the game. I will take July-September, Taff October-December, and HRHomer January-March as we do the 3 month rotation again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stapes View Post
    Haha don't you brag about playing XBox all day? Just saying...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boner View Post
    Scots I don't know why you're trying to shit on one of the few things that actually gets accomplished around here anymore. I get you have a history of fucking with Shaft but don't drag the whole contest down so the rest of us have to suffer if he decides it's not worth it anymore.

Thanks
    Okay so the first update while I wait for these guys to send their tactics in.

I have chosen to disable the transfer window. This means other than free transfers I will have to deal with the squad I have got.

I've also ran the game with leagues from England, Germany, Italy, Scotland and Spain. The 5 greatest nations in football.

I thought I would do a little bit of analysis of the team as that always helps me out. Here's the squad sorted by price:

And here's the positions, players and my thoughts:

Goalkeepers:

We have two very solid goalkeepers in Allan McGregor, and Dusan Kuciak. As a Rangers fan, I lean towards McGregor. Hull just picked up Kuciak in the transfer window in real life which is why he's in the game. I'll give both a chance.

Full Backs/Wing Backs:

We have 3 solid wing backs in Elmohamady, Odubajo and Robertson. All 3 can play in the wing back role with the former two able to play up in the AMR position. There's also Ryan Taylor who is a DRL which is handy.

Central Defense:

Like most squads you've got 2 solid defenders and 2 solid backups. We've got Maguire, Davies, Dawson and Bruce. I will give all 4 the chance to impress but I'm expecting to lean towards Maguire/Davies with Dawson as their primary backup mainly due to height. Alex Bruce is only 5"11.

Central Midfield:

Covering all of the DMC/MC/AMC here. Our primary player is Mohamed Diame an MC valued at 13m. He's a roaming playmaker primarily but also works as a ball winning midfielder and box to box midfielder. Attribute wise he doesn't excel in any of those though with low passing, natural fitness and tackling:

We've got 3 excellent DMCs in Livermore, Meyler and Huddlestone however are really struggling in the AMC department with just Shaun Maloney who is more of a substitute at this stage of his career.

We also have Robert Snodgrass but he has a damaged knee cap and shall be out 4-5 months.

Wings:

The wingbacks mentioned can perform here. We've also got Sone Aluko who can play on both wings and up front, and Chuba Akpom.

Strikers:

Our main striker is Abel Hernandez. The Uruguayan is best as a complete forward although his finishing is only 11 which is disappointing.

Summary:

With no transfers available, I'll be scouring the free transfer market looking for some players to slot in.

I've already spotted our first potential signing:

Football Manager also allows you to create your own manager appearance. I tried to model it off Taff as much as possible. I think I pretty much nailed it:

Scots I don't know why you're trying to shit on one of the few things that actually gets accomplished around here anymore. I get you have a history of fucking with Shaft but don't drag the whole contest down so the rest of us have to suffer if he decides it's not worth it anymore.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Scotsman For This Useful Post:

Boner (02-18-2016), buckdiddy (02-18-2016), NippleAppleCrap (02-19-2016), robelgordo (02-18-2016), Stixx (02-18-2016), Taff (02-18-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotsman View Post

First touch should be 15 IMO

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hun For This Useful Post:

ny007 (02-18-2016), robelgordo (02-18-2016), Scotsman (02-18-2016)

Thanks
    Bender loves these
    Taffs super cool site!

The PSN username "Thisisacode_E" is NPP Poster "Kisses"

Thanks
    I do!
    B L O G

Thanks
    I'd have picked Nibbles as the Australian who enjoys 11 men being passed around.
    A Decade of Discourse

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mousehole For This Useful Post:

Boner (02-18-2016)

Thanks
    They should've delayed this game a few months and played as Villa
    B L O G

Thanks
    Too mean
    A Decade of Discourse

Thanks
    Woah woah woah no need for that
    This post is brought to you by EA Sports.

manbooba is offline Willing to humiliate himself for the internet until his wife finds out
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by robelgordo View Post
    They should've delayed this game a few months and played as Villa
    Or Wigan even
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisses View Post
    I'm such a fucking bitch.
    Your 3-time 3-time 3-time NBA Champion Tipster Winner
    Your 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13 EPL Pick 'em Champion
    Your 2013 & 2015 Fantasy Baseball Champion

Thanks
    I've gotten a baseball simulation game and I've been working my way through the minors as a coach. They don't let you negotiate contracts or anything yet but you can sign international stars and there's some 45 year old Swedish guy who is super popular in Salt Lake. Tempted to sign him just for ticket sales.
    Quote Originally Posted by NippleAppleCrap View Post
    me and shaft own a house boat on Lake Erie
    Posted via Mobile Device
    THE KING OF NPP

Thanks
    Out of the Park?

Thanks
    No, Stockholm
    A Decade of Discourse

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kappa View Post
    Out of the Park?
    Yeah, I think Steam had it for 75% off so I scooped it up.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    THE KING OF NPP

Thanks
    Scots is gonna finish his stint just before I get married so this thread ends up going quiet for 2 weeks
    Taffs super cool site!

The PSN username "Thisisacode_E" is NPP Poster "Kisses"

Thanks
    I'm sure we will cope.
    This post is brought to you by EA Sports.

Thanks
    I'll just re-read the Oral Roberts diary.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    THE KING OF NPP

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by buckdiddy View Post
    Yeah, I think Steam had it for 75% off so I scooped it up.
    Me too. I started by being a major league GM. Going to try to start from the bottom.

Thanks
    I started with the Arkansas Travelers (Owned by Angels) and they moved me up to the Salt Lake Bees. There's some utter trash in the minors, but I've found your team performs better the more experience you get. Also, took me a minute to figure out the best batting lineups.
    Last edited by buckdiddy; 02-19-2016 at 08:50 AM.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    THE KING OF NPP

Thanks
    The guy who created Franchise Hockey Manager sent me a copy of his new one for review. Haven't got around to that yet it's a bit overwhelming - maybe during the off-season.

+ Reply to Thread