+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: NPP Fathers' Thread

Thanks
    She likes Boaby Rude's theme music.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hun For This Useful Post:

Slappy (11-11-2016)

Thanks
    Pfft, having kids? What a stupid waste of money. Clearly the best use of time, effort, and love is to just get fifty cats and watch the NFL network

Thanks
    Bub's sleeping pattern has gone to shit.

The main reason? A trip to visit my shitty in-laws. MIL decided she would get a cot for bub to sleep in, which is grand. She also made a mattress. What was the mattress made from? An old prison mattress.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by robelgordo View Post
    I guarantee I win that one.
    No.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hun View Post
    Bub's sleeping pattern has gone to shit.

The main reason? A trip to visit my shitty in-laws. MIL decided she would get a cot for bub to sleep in, which is grand. She also made a mattress. What was the mattress made from? An old prison mattress.
    Sounds like she has a lot of confidence in your parenting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Hitchens View Post
    Opinion Polls are a device for influencing public opinion, not a device for measuring it. Crack that and it all makes sense.

Thanks
    Considering the cow basically demands she takes my daughter when she starts crying, agreed.

We even had the 3 of us round the changing mat when Mrs Hun asked me to help change a particularly shitty nappy.

Thanks
    We're going away this weekend for the first trip away from home, and I'm dreading what it does to sleep patterns. Right now, we get a solid 9:30pm-3:30am and 4:00am-7:30am at night.

Thanks
    Kids seem worth it.
    NPP Fantasy Football Legend

Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have. Wait, wait. I worry that what you just heard was "Give me a lot of bacon and eggs." What I said was, "Give me all the bacon and eggs you have." Do you understand?

Quote Originally Posted by HeisenGuy View Post
    I hope Vince Mcmahon dies

Thanks
    They will be in later life when I want to harvest some organs.
    This post is brought to you by EA Sports.

Thanks
    No.
    You seem to actually speak to yours and be welcome in her house. And she recycles prison mats, which is great for the environment. Not seeing the issue here.
    B L O G

12. The Following User Says Thank You to robelgordo For This Useful Post:

Slappy (11-29-2016)

Thanks
    How are you getting on, n00b?

Thanks
    He's on step 8
    A Decade of Discourse

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mousehole For This Useful Post:

n00b (01-18-2017)

Thanks
    Oh you meant the baby thing...
    A Decade of Discourse

Thanks
    How are you getting on, n00b?
    We are on week 34 now so it's getting close. Seems to be going smoothly except for carpal tunnel meaning I spend a ridiculous amount of time going round picking stuff up that she's dropped because of the numbness. We hit peak pillow about 6 week ago and I've noticed they're starting to reduce now which is nice as sometimes I'd wake up in the middle of the night as if I was getting buried alive.

Still have a few big purchases to make this coming weekend. Also there's a bunch of crap up in the loft that we bought throughout Autumn that needs setting up too.

The fucking car seat has been a nightmare though. After much research and looking around we've settled on some stupidly expensive one. Went to pick it up last week and they fitted it into her car fine but mine needs to get the isofix bar fitted first which I've now had delivered but waiting on a Torx T50 tool to arrive so I can fit it myself.

All in all things are going better than I expected back in June.

How about you?

Thanks
    Get used to picking stuff up she's dropped forever now, since she'll have a baby in her arms/sleeping on her most of the time now.

The isofix thing, we actually had to buy a new motor at the time, so we got one with an isofix. Handy as fuck, to be fair. Always good to know, too, that the expensive car seat, base and all that, only lasts for about 12 months, then you get suckered into buying yet another expensive one and another expensive one and so on. I fucking hate it.

Things are alright with bub here. well, apart from the fact she won't sleep anywhere but on her mother. we sometimes get about an hour or two to ourselves at night, then she'll wake up screaming and won't be settled until Mrs Hun cuddles her and sits with her on her lap. Then there's the missus not getting much sleep and she's acting like a crabby cunt, and there's nothing I can say or do that's even remotely right. That's been going on for a couple of months now, which has made home life just swell. Of course, it'll pass, but since I work from home, it's fucking awful.

So enjoy all this shite while it lasts. Enjoy the first couple of months, too, when your bub just cries, shits, sleeps and eats and your missus is a picture of relative sanity.

Thanks
    Always good to know, too, that the expensive car seat, base and all that, only lasts for about 12 months, then you get suckered into buying yet another expensive one and another expensive one and so on. I fucking hate it.
    Are you calling the disinterested, slightly "slow" minimum wage gal at Babies R Us a liar?

Thanks
    We went with the Graco system, so we have an infant seat that goes until 35 pounds that goes into the base, then a toddler seat that converts to a booster seat for each of our cars. No adjustments were needed for the cars.

Sleeping is fantastic right now. All naps are in the crib and last 45 minutes to 2 hours, and sleep is either through the night or 7 hours/bottle/3 hours.

Teething just started though, so he's spending a lot of time chewing on his fingers or our knuckles, and drooling all over everything.

Thanks
    Lol you have a 35 pound newborn

Thanks
    :diabeetus:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b View Post
    Are you calling the disinterested, slightly "slow" minimum wage gal at Babies R Us a liar?
    I used to work for the company 15 years ago, so yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kappa View Post

Sleeping is fantastic right now. All naps are in the crib and last 45 minutes to 2 hours, and sleep is either through the night or 7 hours/bottle/3 hours.
    You can go fuck yourself.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Hun For This Useful Post:

Kappa (01-18-2017)

+ Reply to Thread