Closed Thread

Thread: NPP Forum Rules

Thanks
    Welcome to the No Pants Provided forums. We try and make your experience on the NPP forums fun and don't try to be a bunch of nazis when it comes to moderating the forums, however to make the experience good/safe for everyone and stop the forums from becoming a complete shithole, we've had to come up with a few rules. We also have some tips to help make things easier when browsing the forums:

RULES:
    • Personal Information: Do not post another users personal information, or information about their friends or family members. This would include information like addresses and phone numbers. The punishment for this will be discussed on an individual case basis by the moderators and Scotsman, however the most likely punishment is a long ban from the forums. You can use images of posters as long as they're publicly available(ie: MySpace) but not if they're private(ie: Facebook).
    • Not Work Safe Images: If the thread has [NWS] in the title, then you can post all the NWS images you want in the thread. However if the thread does not have that and you wish to post an image that would be deemed not work safe, you must just link to the image, and put "NWS" beside it. We have a lot of users browsing from work/school. The first time you break this rule, you will be issued a warning. After that, we've got the three strikes and you're out rule.Break it again, and you go on a 3 day probation. A third time equals a week long probation. A fourth time means that you will lose all image posting capabilities.
    • No users family members pictures or personal information allowed. Even if they are publicly available, even if Taffs dad has a website dedicated to him sticking dildos up his ass. You are not allowed to post this shit, because forum members should not have to worry about their family knowing about NPP, or having their family harassed via NPP. Plus it's fucking creepy, PCC.
    • NWS Avatars: No avatars that wouldn't be deemed work safe. If you're not sure whether an avatar is work safe or not ask a mod or admin. First time this rule is broken the avatar is removed, second time you're not allowed to have an avatar.
    • What Goes On The Forums, Stays On The Forums: This rule should be pretty simple: we don't want posters holding back on posting any details of their lives in case it gets back to other people that they don't want knowing that information. For example if Scotsman wrote a post about how he's been cheating on his wife with a seven-foot transvestite and their dog, he doesn't want it appearing on her facebook the next day.
    • No Spoilers: We have a spoiler tag for a reason. Don't post spoilers for any TV shows, video games or movies. I personally fucking hate spoilers with a passion and dependent on the spoiler I may end up banning you from the forums out of petty anger. Don't do that.
    • Don't Break The Forums Layout!!!: If you're going to post images, make sure they're not too big that they won't break the forums layout. Also don't do any text that will fuck up a thread, for example "NOOOOOOOO" with so many Os that reading that thread requires horizontal fucking scrollbars.
    • Don't leech images: If you see an image on a webpage you want to post, either post the link to that webpage, or upload it via imageshack or photobucket - we even have a handy little photobucket upload form when you're replying to a thread or starting a new thread. You won't get punished if you just leech an image, but its better to just upload it because its preserved forever in the forums, and makes it a lot easier when going through archives etc.
    • Trolling: No trolling anyone ever, period. If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. No I'm just joking. Trolling has been a large part of these forums since the birth of Scotsmanality, and I wouldn't even dare try to erase it. Just don't go through every thread that someone posts in, trolling them in all those threads, derailing all of them etc. You can troll all the fuck you want in the Aids forum too.
    • Don't go crazy with smilies: Smilies are cool! However what is not cool is when you spam or something similiar in a thread many, many times, because this can break the forums trying to load this up(especially with it being an animated gif). So don't go overboard when posting smilies - try and keep it below 10. Temp ban will be handed out if you break the forums with this.
    TIPS:

• When forums have any unread posts, they will have a checkmark beside them on the main forums listing. Double-click the checkmark to make that specific forum marked as read.
    • If you have an animated gif avatar that doesn't work - it's because it's too big. You have to resize it so that height & width are a maximum of 150x150. Two websites you can do that are this one and this one.
    • Add Vern to your ignore list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stapes View Post
    Haha don't you brag about playing XBox all day? Just saying...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boner View Post
    Scots I don't know why you're trying to shit on one of the few things that actually gets accomplished around here anymore. I get you have a history of fucking with Shaft but don't drag the whole contest down so the rest of us have to suffer if he decides it's not worth it anymore.

Thanks
    Rules updated today.
    Scots I don't know why you're trying to shit on one of the few things that actually gets accomplished around here anymore. I get you have a history of fucking with Shaft but don't drag the whole contest down so the rest of us have to suffer if he decides it's not worth it anymore.

Thanks
    Rules updates today with the "chill out on smilies rule, as per Guapo breaking the forums.

Thanks
    Rules updated:

No users family members pictures or personal information allowed. Even if they are publicly available, even if Taffs dad has a website dedicated to him sticking dildos up his ass. You are not allowed to post this shit, because forum members should not have to worry about their family knowing about NPP, or having their family harassed via NPP. Plus it's fucking creepy, PCC.

Closed Thread