+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 109 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Anticipated Upcoming Games

Shaolin Guest
    Since its around that time of year where all the good shit starts coming out, what are the games everyones looking forward to. I'd have just done this in the 360 thread cos thats the only current console I've got, but people have Wiis and PS3s so it probably warrants it own thread. The ones I'm most interested in are:

1. Gears of War 2
    The first was probably the best 360 game in my opinion, definitely top 3 anyway. Looks to have a better and longer campaign with a more fleshed out story and new multiplayer modes. I will be getting this the day it comes out.

2. PES 2009
    I always get them, and I always play the shit out of them until the next one comes along. By the sounds of it, there will be loads of improvements over 08 so it should be a quality title.

3. Fable 2
    I had the first one and it wasn't anywhere near as good as it was hyped to be. But from watching the videos and reading about it, it looks to be a pretty good game and anygame where you can be a compete cunt is always somewhat of a laugh.

4. Fallout 3
    I didn't like Oblivion that much (this is made by the same peeps), and I never played any of the old ones. But this has a better and more cooler setting than Oblivion and from what I've seen could well turn out to be a quality game. I'll give it a try as it does interest me a fair bit.

Then theres some other games that I'm sort of on the fence about and will probably have to have a go on the demo first and read some reviews to give me a good idea if they will be worth it. Like:

5. TNA Impact
    From what I've seen it looks to be light on moves, wrestlers and match types with a pretty dire sounding story. But I'm a fucking mark for wrestling games and if it has excellent gameplay like I've read in some places (as good as No Mercy usually, but they all say that). Deffo gonna need to play the demo first before I buy it.

6. Midnight Club LA
    I'm also a mark for racers and theres not a lot coming out, so I may give this one a go.

7. FIFA 09
    I liked Euro 2008 but it was very light on things to do, so once I'd won the tournament a few times with a few different teams and played a bit of the Captain Your Country thing, there wasn't much left to do on it. I also borrowed the last FIFA off a mate and while it was good, I thought it got boring after a while, with every match being pretty much the same. But if they improve upon the UEFA game and it should have more longevity than that it could be worth picking up. I will probably rent it for a week and see if I like it.

tl;dr

Thanks
    The only game I am eagerly anticipating is Tiger Woods 09. By "eagerly", I mean I keep up to date on the previews, watch the videos etc etc. It has been a long time since I played a golf game, so really hyped for it. Not as much as I was hyped for NBA 2K8 last year, but still hyped.

Other than that - most of the games I am not even paying attention to, but still looking forward to. Of the ones you posted, the only one I'll get is Gears of War 2. I am debating Fallout 3 and will wait till it comes out to see - I remember being hyped for Alone in the Dark then that sucked big donkey balls.

Also looking forward to Saints Row 2 and Lego Batman. Those are actually the only ones I can list without looking up a list of upcoming games. Oh, and I guess Football Manager 2009 for the PC, although I'm still on the fence about that, and they really need to release a preview on it soon so I can actually get interested in it.

Is there gonna be a demo for TNA Impact?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stapes View Post
    Haha don't you brag about playing XBox all day? Just saying...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boner View Post
    Scots I don't know why you're trying to shit on one of the few things that actually gets accomplished around here anymore. I get you have a history of fucking with Shaft but don't drag the whole contest down so the rest of us have to suffer if he decides it's not worth it anymore.

Shaolin Guest
    If they have their head screwed on there should be.

Shaolin Guest
    Actually I will probably give Lego Batman and Saint Row 2 a whirl at some point too.

Thanks
    LEGO BATMAN AND BANJO ALSO!!!

Thanks
    As far as new ones

1. LEGO Batman
    2. Star Wars Force Unleashed
    3. Rock Band 2
    4. Banjo Kazooie
    5. Ghostbusters
    6. I guess Tiger Woods

RE5 doesn't come out till March so that's not really upcomming. But it's higher than all the ones listed here.

But for old ones I still need to play LEGO SW TCS, Marvel UA, and GOW.
    NPP Fantasy Football Legend

Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have. Wait, wait. I worry that what you just heard was "Give me a lot of bacon and eggs." What I said was, "Give me all the bacon and eggs you have." Do you understand?

Quote Originally Posted by HeisenGuy View Post
    I hope Vince Mcmahon dies

Thanks
    1. Saints Row 2 - everything I've seen on this so far looks tremendous particularly all the different activities that you can do. If they've moved the gas button from A to RT (I hated that your options for gas were either "go" or "don't go" in the first Saints Row) then this should be awesome.

2. Rock Band 2 - The tracklist looks great and the fact that the RB1 downloaded tracks are available on this make it a must buy.

3. Guitar Hero: World Tour - I'd definitely be buying this if it weren't for the fact that I already have all the Rock Band shit. Buying another drum set just to play this doesn't have much appeal. That said, if the tracklist ends up being awesome I may have to buy it and then hate myself for it.

4. Star Wars Force Unleashed - Everything I've heard about this so far sounds good but that really isn't much. I think there's a demo coming out for it soon (tomorrow?) so I guess I'll know more then.

TNA would've been on this list a couple of weeks ago but after seeing the video that's on Live and reading about the story mode I think I'll have to rent this first and I have a feeling it's going to suck hard.

RE5 doesn't come out till March so that's not really upcoming. But it's higher than all the ones listed here.
    QFT

Thanks
    Tracklist for GH IV is here btw

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_hero_iv#Soundtrack

It's not all of them. Activision said it could be up to 85 songs.

Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have. Wait, wait. I worry that what you just heard was "Give me a lot of bacon and eggs." What I said was, "Give me all the bacon and eggs you have." Do you understand?

Thanks
    Fuck. I see I'm going to end up hating myself.

Thanks
    A lot of them look super awesome yea.

Thanks
    As far as new ones

1. LEGO Batman
    2. Star Wars Force Unleashed
    3. Rock Band 2
    4. Banjo Kazooie
    5. Ghostbusters
    6. I guess Tiger Woods

RE5 doesn't come out till March so that's not really upcomming. But it's higher than all the ones listed here.

But for old ones I still need to play LEGO SW TCS, Marvel UA, and GOW.
    Oh and Civ Rev. Might buy that this weekend.

slaptastic78 is offline Banned for letting Juices World use his account
    Thanks
    Silent Hill: Homecoming.

Nothing new in gameplay but the storyline looks amazing and I've loved everyone of the games so far.
    don't say one more word
    about the other boy
    can't you see that i'm dying, dying, dyyyying

Shaolin Guest
    I pirated one of the first ones of them but thought it was a bit cack and only played it once. Twas on the PS1.

Thanks
    Fallout 3 Release date is October 28. Fifa 09 demo September 11th.

Also I haven't had a fighting game in awhile - but I am now keeping tabs on Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe. Could be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stapes View Post
    Haha don't you brag about playing XBox all day? Just saying...
    Scots I don't know why you're trying to shit on one of the few things that actually gets accomplished around here anymore. I get you have a history of fucking with Shaft but don't drag the whole contest down so the rest of us have to suffer if he decides it's not worth it anymore.

Thanks
    The reason I have desire to have a 360 is Fable 2 but I'm going to wait till it comes out and is reviewed before I decide. Gears of War also looks solid.
    Quote Originally Posted by NippleAppleCrap View Post
    me and shaft own a house boat on Lake Erie
    Posted via Mobile Device
    THE KING OF NPP

Thanks
    TNA, Banjo (awesome pre-order bonus: The original N64 Banjo for free), Gears 2, Fable 2

Brando is offline it's going to be hard for Silva to come back from that in the fourth or fifth round.
    Thanks
    Saints Row 2, Lego Batman, Gears of War 2 and TNA Impact are the ones I'll be getting. There's also stuff like Mortal Kombat vs. DC which if it turns out good, I very well may pick up.

Thanks
    NHL 09, TNA Impact and Lego Batman are all ones I'm really looking forward to in the immediate future.
    NPP NBA Playoffs 2008 Tipster Champion (In both categories!)
    2010-11 NPP Fantasy Basketball Runner-Up
    2011-12 NPP College Bowl Pick 'Em Runner-Up

Brando is offline it's going to be hard for Silva to come back from that in the fourth or fifth round.
    Thanks
    Yeah, NHL 09 is a strong possibility for me if it's much improved over 08. When the demos for those games come out (NHL & NBA), I'll give them all a try.

Thanks
    It seems like 09's big focus was the online leagues, so I'll probably pass on that one as I'm still trying to get any good at all in 08 anyway.

+ Reply to Thread