Page 3 of 306 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate UFC Thread

Mikey is offline Only posts when on weekend pass from mental institution
    Thanks
    Everyone will see it.

On the internet.

Thanks
    Fuck UFC's lame cards until the end of the year show. K-1 Hero's Korea just put out a fucking announcement of announcements, Akiyama vs Kang, the Asian version of Jon Fitch vs Karo Parisyan. That's so fucking fantastic.

You got EliteXC on November 10th, Nick Diaz vs KJ Noons, streetfighter Kimbo Slice makes his debut, Jake Shields vs Mike Pyle in perhaps Shields last fight before he runs to UFC.

You got Strikeforce on November 16th with the first one night MMA tournament in the USA in years and years. Joe Riggs, Niko Vitale, Sean Salmon, three more to be named.... plus Cung Lee and Paul Buentello on the main card.

And before both of those you have K-1 Hero's Korea on October 28th.... Akiyama vs Kang in a fantastic fucking battle. Punk Minowa, the legend Marcio Garcia debuts, Dong Sik Yoon, Zelg Galesic, Yoshihisa Yamamoto, Punk Minowa, Carlos Newton vs Shungo Oyama, and Bernard Ackah.

FUCK.... fantastic.

Thanks
    UFC 80, still not confirmed, has three rumored fights for Newcastle, England:

Wilson Gouveia vs Jason Lambert
    Jess Liaudin vs Marcus Davis
    Terry Etim vs Per Eklund
    Still no main event. Obviously not confirmed but when Marcus Davis says, "I love to fight overseas" when asked about a rumored January bout it's probably a good sign.

Thanks
    Frank Mir should be on that card, then I would go.

manbooba is offline Willing to humiliate himself for the internet until his wife finds out
    Thanks
    Just in case anyone wants to watch without paying for teh shitz

Code:
    sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/24267
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisses View Post
    I'm such a fucking bitch.
    Your 3-time 3-time 3-time NBA Champion Tipster Winner
    Your 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13 EPL Pick 'em Champion
    Your 2013 & 2015 Fantasy Baseball Champion

manbooba is offline Willing to humiliate himself for the internet until his wife finds out
    Thanks
    If sopcast isn't working, here's a plug-in for winamp

Code:
    http://mma-tv.kicks-ass.net:4606/;stream.nsv
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisses View Post
    I'm such a fucking bitch.
    Your 3-time 3-time 3-time NBA Champion Tipster Winner
    Your 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13 EPL Pick 'em Champion
    Your 2013 & 2015 Fantasy Baseball Champion

Vernitis is offline I depend on cynicism and negativity to get through life
    Thanks
    Thank you because the sopcast was terrible.

Thanks
    Dear god Starnes got FUCKED UP. This is the first time I ordered in HD, and so I got a nice lovely view of that cut - so eewwwww.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stapes View Post
    Haha don't you brag about playing XBox all day? Just saying...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boner View Post
    Scots I don't know why you're trying to shit on one of the few things that actually gets accomplished around here anymore. I get you have a history of fucking with Shaft but don't drag the whole contest down so the rest of us have to suffer if he decides it's not worth it anymore.

Thanks
    Why does Rich Franklin always look like a gazelle being eaten by an alligator when Silva clinches him? It's very Discovery Channel.

And I believe on old old IL when he got signed I posted in the UFC thread saying, "UFC SIGNED ANDERSON FUCKING SILVA!~"

JoeyAt75 is online now Only if the 11-year-old is mature enough
    Thanks
    I felt so bad for Franklin out there. To me it was worse than the first fight cause I really think he was on his A game tonight and he just got toyed with for 6 minutes.

Thanks
    All shit aside, Rich Franklin is by far my #1 favorite fighter. And yes, it made me sad, but he'll be around awhile, and he's an awesome guy.

If you feel bad consider this. I picked Franklin in the first fight and in his pre-fight interview he said, "I'll stand with him but if he's winning I'll go to plan b." Um, if he's outstriking you there is no plan B you jackass. At that exact second I wanted to change my pick because I knew.

So the second fight comes along and I pick Silva via TKO. Well in the pre-fight Rich says he wants to trade again and if he gets hit he'll try to take him down. DO YOU NOT LEARN ANYTHING. I love Rich but his gameplan was his own fault.

Thanks
    Henderson needs to drop down to middleweight...and even then, WHO WILL STOP SILVA!
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyAt75 View Post
    I can't tell if you're chubby or muscle bound. Less clothes please.

Thanks
    Henderson is the only possibility. But his striking isn't to his level and his BJJ isn't either (but his defense is).

I said Rampage by decision, I think I'd go Silva by decision too. Dan is made to beat bigger better guys but if he can't knock them out or submit them it's always going to be a decision loss. He could control Silva for a bit but he'd eat elbows and Silva would get up eventually and outstrike him again.

Thanks
    I guess they could re-sign Matt Lindland but they fired him a couple years ago for wearing a shirt he wasn't allowed to wear.

I guess back then they figured they could get rid of a plodding, ground fighting master because the sport wasn't huge and it didn't matter. Well, now Lindland is the only guy in the world at MW that could beat Silva.

Thanks
    Lindland was there tonight though wasn't he? Stranger things have happened. If they want to get rid of a plodding, boring fighter to free up a roster spot, I'm sure 75% of the audience wouldn't mind seeing Tim "kick em in the leg" Sylvia gone.

Henderson almost will/should move down because there's 20 good fighters at light heavy, and like you said, outside of Silva the Middleweight division is a bunch of average fighters. Maia looked good in destroying Ryan "I use Ricky Steamboat's theme" Jensen so who knows, but Silva's already destroyed the "top" 3-4 guys there.

Thanks
    How sad is that that Okami and MacDonald are #3 and #4 anyway? Meanwhile they have a top 3 MW in the WEC with the WEC title that could beat Anderson Silva under fucking contract. Not to mention they let Denis Kang get away while Robbie Lawler is the EliteXC champ. There are guys out there but they'd have to pay to see if they could beat Silva. Funny Dana always says, "all the best fighters are in the UFC," well that's funny because all the top guys that have a shot in hell aren't.

And don't blame Tim Sylvia for that shit. Vera is the one that closed the distance, clinched on the fence, and looked tentative. Sylvia unloaded at the end and Vera had nothing. I love Tim, yeah fine, he's a goofy 6'8 dude with bad tattoos who whined about some BS injury. But he's still just an awesome awkward dude. Watch him on his "Blind Date" tv show appearance and try not to love him. He's a good guy.

Thanks
    Found it. Tim Sylvia on "Blind Date", it was their UFC week before it was popular. This was just a couple weeks after the Frank Mir fight (hi, Dirty Hun).

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x11...date-ufc_sport

Thanks
    It was obvious that Vera was gassed about 5 seconds into round 3, and worst of all Sylvia knew it. Vera had momentum after that strong end to round 2, and just died.

EVERY Sylvia fight looks like that though. I've mentioned before how Sylvia/Arlovski III on the Tito/Shamrock III show legit put me to sleep.

Thanks
    The Sylvia/Arlovski III "put me to sleep" people always jump out at me. Then you didn't know for years that both guys put everyone they fought to sleep every fight? Now if you knew the result and watched it again? Fine. If you're watching it live and these two KO superstars that KO'd each other once each before were fighting put you to sleep? That's either a lie or something is wrong with you.

Shitty fight? Fine, hindsight. Yes.

Live? Are you kidding me? These were two knockout artists that had knocked each other out before. How could you possibly watch it live and call it boring? You had no idea one guy wouldn't KO the other in any round, it's totaly BS.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Found it. Tim Sylvia on "Blind Date", it was their UFC week before it was popular. This was just a couple weeks after the Frank Mir fight (hi, Dirty Hun).
    You mean a couple of weeks after the greatest night in our sport.

+ Reply to Thread